WESU Board Meeting Notes 9/4/12
AT begins; doesn’t care about anyone’s summer
- She is our president
- 2 big things:
§ 5 in the archive; 5 whatever
o Speaker Series
- Go around
RS is still Program Manager
- Will help with automation
- AD is Program Director
- AD is putting together the program
DN is the Tech Director
AI is still Music director
- Has talked to JS this summer
- Is going to a music festival
DB is Public Affairs
MC is Events Coordinator
I is Production Direction
AW is here
VT is Public Relations Director
- Going to make WESU a thing in Facebook as opposed to a person
JB is the brand new music director
– WESU is now in the Center for Community Partnerships! Should be a super positive change.
-2 campus projects we’ve been asked to be involved in:
1) Music and Social Life (campus-wide program hosted by the CFA). We’ll help promote it; coordinate with specific DJs of different genres (sort of like we did with Midnight on Main).
2) Middletown Remix Project (commissioned project with an online interactive application; clearinghouse online with audio samples; public records sounds and artists are encouraged to turn them into music). Ben is on the steering committee but cannot attend the meetings on Monday at 6:30. We can help them spread the word.
-2014: 75th Anniversary!!!!! Get our projects together NOW. Video documentary anyone?!?!?!
-Ben’s working on developing an Alumni Advisory Council.
-4 speakers who are game: Anthony Fantano (On the radio and also has a YouTube channel where he reviews albums), Ilya Maritz, Lynn Levy, Doug Berman
-Name?? WESU Lecture Series, There’s Something in the Air, Radio Ain’t Dead, Not Your Typical College Radio Lecture Series, WESU Broadcasts, WESU Presents a Conversation with _____ and _______
-VT: Timeline, figure out branding, name, flyer and info on the website, email the staff, make a pitch for it at the meeting Sunday etc.
-Location: CFA Hall
-Live streaming? MC got IMS to record Fantano for us (for 30 dollars more we could have IMS live stream for us), WESU laptop?, Dan’s on it.
-We need to make a promo and promote this live
-Date for Fantano: September 13th
-Mickey likes Thursday evenings for this series (October 11th=Lynn Levy? November 8th=Ilya)
-Structure of event: 45 minutes of talking, 30 minutes of Q&A, 15 of buffer zone
-Q&A: open to the audience/a board member moderating/have people write down questions beforehand
-Task force meeting: Virgil, Isabelle, Adam, Mickey, Avery, Mary, Ben(?)
-Format? Speech versus question-answering. Mission for the series? Three questions we ask everyone to tie the series together (value of their work, value of radio, value of WESU), Amy B being a moderator? Prof. Kauanui? Susan C? Barbara R?
-Board discusses postmodern possibilities for the video we’re submitting. Adrien and Will F are producing the video (due October 20th, script due October 10th)
-Which videos do we want?
-Task force: AT, VT, AW, MC, DN, AD
-Don’t want to over-promote MTVU too much. Wesleying post, Wesleyan Connection post, Michael Roth blog??
-Artsy instagram photos!
-In email about staff meeting, possibly alert staff to the MTVU
-Personnel????? Put this on the agenda for the staff meeting. AT will send out a staff-wide email.
-Could be on air on Saturday but didn’t meet requirements (missed meetings and possibly shows) Can we make an exception? To be discussed later.
-Keep in mind possibly developing a new protocol for this situation?
-Ben has awesome vinyl of a Wesleyan Glee Club and some other awesome things.