WESU Board Meeting — 2/28/17
Sexual Harassment Policy:
- Zazie finalized the policy and added a link to Wesleyan’s One policy. Everyone is fine with the it. Will update as an appendix to the sexual harassment policy.
- Zazie will go over it at the staff meeting and then send out the policy afterwards.
- The policy has already been added to the training test. Will be added to the application stating that staff members have read the policy.
- DC will be at the staff meeting to go over this.
Staff Meeting Agenda:
- Send out an email making it a point for people to come out to this meeting (Abby will do this).
- Update on: spring break programming, sexual harassment policy, public affairs guideline, WUC discussion/concerns, events (record fair, LW event), and training.
- LW is coming to Wesleyan on April 7th, so she will do a talk at 5pm on that day. We are still looking for a space for the talk, perhaps a Wyllys classroom?
- Wyatt will make a Facebook event pretty soon–the event will be open the public!
- Will look into food a little bit, says Wyatt.
Spring Break Programming:
- It’s early, but it’s here! The sign up sheets and the email will be up and ready this Thursday so people can figure out the schedule for spring break.
- Also, tell people to start thinking about if you want to run for board and if you want someone to take over your show!
- Julia says it is going well, about 35 people so far. Things are good!
Public Affairs Guideline:
- Bryan will share it with the entire board.
- We will read the mission statement of the public affairs programming at the meeting. And then we can share that we are writing guidelines in support of that mission statement right now. Remember to stress that the code is not to cut anyone down but rather to support our programming.
- Almost completed doc with evidence. Abby will complete.
- Still some concerns expressed with the premise of the document since many statements were not made on WESU just by guests who were featured on WESU. Other concerns being that the examples pointed out are not the majority of the show’s content.
- Counterargument is that the station is still serving as a platform for those views and is legitimizing the guests’ expertise, which people find problematic for the station. The board’s decision does not attempt to vilify the show or the host but rather that it does not meet the mission statement of WESU by providing platforms to these views.
- People have reached out to the board with complaints, and the board appreciates that and is listening to those arguments. There is still agreement that the board can recognize and appreciate these opinions but do not necessarily need to agree with them, although they do warrant further discussion.
- Feeling among many that the show is not in the best interest of those who are affected by anti-semitism or who have loved ones in Sandy Hook or the Ukrainian occupation who could be hurt by providing a platform to that rhetoric. Some of the anti-semitic rhetoric is part of a very long and dark history that shouldn’t be ignored.
- Decision though to honor C’s request for a meeting, hearing her perspective and helping to clear the air. Important too that the board is not at all talking about banning her from the station or telling her that she cannot go through training to become a staff member, too.
- People also deciding it would be important to bring up at the staff meeting because some DJs may have concerns about the decision. Will leave about 15 minutes at the end of the meeting for discussion. We want to encourage people to let us know their thoughts/concerns, and to encourage people to come to our board hours to talk it over more too.
- Bryan reached out to St. Phillip’s house, and a PSA is up now.
- Lots of new promos are up, too! Lara is still waiting for the rest of board members to make a promo for their show.
- Babe wants to discuss Streamrewind because the CAPTCHA is blocking people from making accounts, and the organization didn’t respond when Babe first reached out.
- Reminder to Babe to fix the Streamrewind calendar for March. Adam will reach out to him.
- Babe is on it. Will do it within the next 24 hours.
WESU Board Meeting — 2/21/17
- Lara is telling everyone to make a promo! We need one now.
- At the next staff meeting, Lara will point at everyone who doesn’t have a promo and it will be embarrassing so do it before then.
Quick Sexual Harassment Training Update:
- DC replied to Zazie and will work on a schedule that she will send over sometime later this week. If we don’t hear from her by the end of the week, we will email again, but she said she can come on March 5th and do a 15-20 minute session.
- Will finalize sexual harassment policy next week.
Public Affairs Standards:
- Bryan drafted a public affairs code and we will discuss it next week. Will check with Bryan to see if we can share it with everyone, to get rest of the board’s thoughts in.
- At the meeting, we want to be able to talk about it and say that we are working on it, but not to rush it and have anything finalized. We should maybe present the document as something working and so that we can get their input. Emphasize that it’s not new rules to follow just a clarification of community standards.
- We could present it as a working draft and invite whoever wants to from a community standards meeting.
- Spring press release is sent out! Thanks, Beth.
- Talking about an uncomfortable encounter at the station last week, and we should send an email out to the staff reminding people about being careful during late-night shows.
- Make sure you walk with a buddy, get a ride if you can, be attentive of the DJs before and after you, never let anyone in the station who shouldn’t be there. We should also have a sign on the door saying “stranger danger” so that people know that people not associated with the station should not come bother late-night DJs.
- Abby will write the email and send that out.
- Ben G will put a sign up Thursday.
- Training is starting very soon. Interest meeting happened on Sunday and we currently have 38 names on the list. Training will be Sunday at 2pm and Monday at 7pm. If anyone else is interested, please email email@example.com.
- Julia went to the Student Activities Fair but no one was there.
- Training is starting this Sunday, 2/26.
- We have a program guide printed and it’s out so early. This is great. Hadley’s a star.
- We have a ouija board design to start with by EA for T-Shirt. We don’t want to write ouija right on it for copyright purposes. Need to still draw the rest of the border of the ouija board. Could include Connecticut at the bottom of the board.
- Wyatt designed a bumper sticker and it could be black/white, but we could do two-color designs. Still needs some work. For the first one, we need to make WESU text bigger. We could print one or both, depending on pricing.
- Are there deadlines for printing these? No hard deadline (other than the pledge drive) but usually we can get T-Shirts within a week and bumper stickers within two weeks. We should aim to get those things done in the next two weeks before spring break starts.
- Kids from MYRP are going to come and do drawings to main a T-shirt. MYRP is also thinking of doing a bring your parents to the radio event (and could get funding from us, or a donation, or SALD).
- Thank you to everyone for collecting things on the Google Doc–a few people still need to add a few things.
- Ben M expressing that it’s unfortunate that there has been a disconnect. We all want to be on the same page with this, and he is excited to see the document/evidence we’ve provided. Just trying to make sure that everyone is being treated fairly, seeing from multiple different perspectives. Striving for better communication, and everyone’s concerns are out of concerns for the station and the communities we serve.
- Very difficult situation. A goal is to aim to be aspirational and productive rather than closing the doors. Hoping that problems with shows are focused on content not subject-matter.
- Adam saying we want to always be on the same page with the entire board moving forward.
- Beth also brings up that we want to focus on transparency with the board and how we are demonstrating to staff and listeners that we are making informed decisions. Making the board accessible to people on various issues that we are making decisions about.
- WESU is and has always been about transparency.
- Important to always be able to justify decisions made by the board. Lack of transparency, though, was unintentional and that is important to note.
- This will come up at the next staff meeting and we should discuss how to organize those conversations. Frame the conversation around public affairs guidelines.
- Email follow-up to C, draft by Zazie.
- Wyatt emailed LW as a speaker and waiting to hear back from her. Will then follow-up with the Career Center.
- Let’s come up with a date for the block party BBQ. April 23rd is the date we’ve chosen.
- Dunk a board member!
- Beth is interested in collaborating.
- Ben M will look into the grilling.
- The city of Middletown has the ShowMobile. We could ask them about that.
- The idea is that this will be open to the public.
- We should get music. Could Bossy play?
- How could we do this to capitalize with the pledge drive? Food vendors!
- Wyatt will ask Wesleyan Events about the parking lot.
- Record Fair date has been set for April 9th.
- Accidental promotion of shows through staff list. Will mention it at the staff meeting just as a small reminder.
Studio Reservation Limits:
- The limit for studio reservation is 3 hours so remind people to not book it for any longer. You are feel free to stick around for longer if no one is there but do not book it for longer.
- Do we need to make a starting time for pledge drive? Maybe think about starting around when we get back from spring break in April.
- Ben G met with CPE and they are very excited about making PSAs. They will write a script, as with Ben G, and they want to come down and record those.
- Most PSAs should end with “This message is brought to you by…” with mentions of WESU and the name of the organization.
- Abby is talking to Active Minds, they are very excited, and are meeting on Sunday.
- Beth wants to do something with the phone bank that includes senator’s numbers.
- Adam wants to come down and record PSAs about town hall locations.
- New PSA about climate change.
WESU Board Meeting — 2/14/17
Sexual Harassment Training:
- Still shooting to have a sexual harassment training on March 5th. Last time we checked with DC, that was still fine but we should reach out to her again and make sure, as well as to meet with DC again to go over final code of conduct/policy changes. Zazie will email.
- How much time do we want her to take up in the meeting? Preferably around 15 minutes is the consensus.
- We will email the staff in advance of the meeting letting them know that this will be happening and to strongly urge people to come in order to get the best possible attendance. We will also send out the changes to the code of conduct a week prior to the meeting.
- Suggestion proposed to have a box on the application for next season’s shows that ask if you have read and agree to the new sexual harassment policy.
- Next week we will read the policy again, go over it/make final edits, and get final board approval.
- The interest meeting will be on Sunday, 2/119 at 4pm in PAC001.
- Julia just submitted a Wesleying post, will be making a FB event tonight or tomorrow, and will also make posters and flyer this week.
- If any board members want to come to the interest meeting, let Julia know! Lara says she will attend.
- Julia will also send out a staff email telling the staff to alert anyone who is interested in going or emailing Julia to get the details.
- Beth wrote a press release for the spring programming and will be sent out this week.
- Wyatt is trying to get President of New York Public Radio to give a talk but it would cost a lot of money. He is not sure how much money. He will continue correspondance with her and determine how much it would cost before making a next step, but this would be a really great event.
- After that, Wyatt will reach out to the SBC for potential funding if it seems reasonable.
- Potential idea: reach out to Career Center to see if they would be interested in co-sponsoring this event, could be a great way to get funding. Other idea for future speakers: reach out to WESU alums who work at WNYC? Wyatt will look into these, but focus on this talk first.
- Zazie is interested in helping out with this event.
Pledge Drive Ideas:
- Still aiming to have a block party this semester, run by Wyatt. Shooting for the end of April as a good goal so it will be warmer. Will establish a specific date at the next meeting.
- Questions to consider: Who owns the parking lot/who would we need approval from? Probably Wesleyan.
- Need to be in touch with RD sooner rather than later on this matter for event collaboration.
- Stuff from last semester: R&B/WesWings brunch, staff promo competition, streaming audio could be a pledge drive pitch, pledge drive concert (could be the same as the block party)
- Will be discussed fully next meeting.
- Climate Ambassadors sent a PSA to Lara to put out over the air–thanks Abby!
- Julia sent guidelines to WRP and we are waiting to hear what they have made. We should hear back from them soon.
- Ben G is meeting with CPE staff next Tuesday to brainstorm.
- Abby will reach out to Active Minds now that she has gotten a PSA from Climate Ambassadors.
- Should we create a specific folder for these PSAs?
- Lara urging people: please make promos if they have a show. There are many people in the boardroom who have shows but don’t have a promo for it yet. Fix that this week! It’s so easy!
- Rick expresses concern that recent programming decisions were presented as both ethical decisions and perfunctory programming decisions. This calls into question the transparency of the board and the governance of the station at large. This is an incredibly important point that must be interested and not taken lightly.
- Thank you to Rick for coming–starting to work through these questions and decisions together, which is a great start in the right direction.
- Questions of transparency: why was the decision made when it was? Seemed hasty and unthought from Rick’s end. People acknowledging that it was not a hasty decision but one that was discussed thoroughly at the board meeting though the board notes did not make this clear, and that Ben M sent us the email that we read and we discussed it fully. Lara brings up that the decision was made after programming because it was the first time we could all be in a room together and discuss the issues. Hadley also notes that many programming decisions were made at that time, too, after the schedule was finalized, this was just the one that involved the most discussion and vote.
- Board acknowledging that this is both an ethical and programming decision and that we should provide further justification. This was not a clear process.
- Bryan also acknowledging that transparency has been a problem, the board acknowledging why this frustration has built and looking towards how we can fix this and be clearer. We owe this to constituents to justify decisions. Beth echoes these concerns for transparency in order to not have conflicts like this in the future.
- One of the problems was the board notes that week, which not clear or detailed enough. Ben G to provide more elaborated notes in the future.
- How do we work to increase transparency then?
- More detailed board notes
- Further justification of all decisions, including this one (but all future decisions as well!)
- Promoting our board hours more. Beth suggests standing up at the staff meeting encouraging staff members to come talk to us about anything any week.
- More collaboration with Ben M during board hours. Talking more in person in addition to via email.
- Creating a public affairs code.
- Elaboration of evidence against programming that Rick & Ben M bring up.
- The question becomes who is at fault for these beliefs, even if the guests don’t explicitly state them on the show? Bryan argues that even if they don’t say it on the show, if the show urges you to further seek them out and provides a platform for their rhetoric, that he believes that to be a valid criticism. Saying that he doesn’t want a show on the air that debates the merits of zionism/racism. The idea behind that is the host being responsible for their guests.
- To support the existing evidence brought up originally, Adam mentions Kevin Barrett was also a guest on and promoted by the show (exact episode/date was not provided, will follow up). Barrett has been repeatedly criticized for espousing anti-semitic beliefs that 9/11 was ordered and arranged by Zionist Jews and that America is owned by Israel, who has orchestrated numerous terrorist threats. He has further information of that topic that he will document in more detail than these notes. The Kevin Barrett two-part interview was in July 2014 and July 2011. Alex Jones clips were also played on the show twice, most recently May 25th, 2016–clips were not particularly bad but board members take concern with WESU providing him a platform. Christopher Bollyn was not on the show but on September 7, 2016, she discussed his event being cancelled and urged listeners to check him out–his website that she pointed listeners to includes very anti-semitic content including this article, which blames Jews for countless assassinations and terror attacks.
- In order to get this in one place and have these thoughts more fully elaborated, these notes are being collected in a separate document with quotes and episode titles/date to present to Ben M. Abby will tell Ben M about that process to keep communication open!
- We thought that the original evidence was sufficient and clear but was not relayed clearly enough, which is why we are creating a separate, more full document.
- Other discussion point brought up regarding regarding freedom of speech, with people saying that C can still produce her show, still air it somewhere else, still have it available online for downloads. The argument is not against C or the show existing but rather about WESU providing her an audience and being associated with it. Point brought up, too, that the show does not represent a marginalized group but rather people with an unpopular opinion.
- Situation with C
- Many people express regret about the situation and email exchange that occurred with C. Consensus is that we owe her an email response, but that the intention was to always respond but was just not properly conveyed via board notes & emails.
- The statement she received too was a draft and that wasn’t clear enough. Reiteration that this statement is not intended to be published or posted. A statement will be rewritten after the document with more evidence is made. Never meant to insinuate either that C is a bad person in anyway, just that we don’t support the guests and voices she promotes with her show.
- What about a meeting with C? Perhaps a full meeting with the board would not be productive or fruitful, but there is discussion about having a smaller group of board members meet with her to explain the decision. This decision will be made more fully next board meeting after we have more of a document and statement, as well.
- Staff meeting: this will be brought up at the staff meeting, so people talking about how we should bring it up ourselves to explain our actions. We also will have a working draft of our public affairs code at the time to try to explain our thought process.
- If we bring it up ourselves, the goal is to be transparent and address existing staff concerns. Beth bringing up that this is an issue that people care a lot about and we want to express that we also do care, which we could express with a document and our working code.
- We will need to be very proactive about timing and scheduling in that meeting to make sure it doesn’t spiral or go over on time, especially since we are also doing the sexual harassment training. Will create a structured idea of how that meeting will go in the coming weeks.
- Next steps then for everyone?
- Board members recording criticisms or concerns with the program this week on a separate document to make board justification clearer and to address those concerns. Abby will email tonight and see Ben M in person tomorrow telling him about that process.
- Bryan will draft some of his thoughts about a public affairs code this weekend for us to look at and discuss next week.
- Reach out to C after we’ve worked through the document we’re making this week and discuss it again next week, hopefully with Ben M.
WESU Board Meeting — 2/7/17
Syndicated Programming Debrief:
- A quick debrief of decisions from last week and what we want to do moving forward/how to turn this into productive action
- Ben M expressing concerns about communication and free-speech with the station, as well as not wanting to have a strained relationship with the board
- Need to work more to loop Ben in more and include him with these decisions
- Response email to C
- Need to move into making public affairs standards/codes so that we have set guidelines–how to turn this into a productive step into the right direction
Public Affairs Codes:
- We started working on this last year but got sidetracked by the mission statement
- Zazie wants to start working on this and wants people to get involved–Bryan said he is interested in helping out–Abby also wants to be involved
- The hardest part: distinguishing between views that people disagree with and views that shouldn’t be aired by WESU? Wording is very important but it might be difficult to not make this very subjective–a lot of other stations don’t have this perhaps for similar reasons but that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t try to have a document like this
- Might be a good idea to ask DB because he has experience crafting ordinances and resolutions for the city
- Work to make the code aspirational rather than disciplinary
- Updates/ideas on outreach and creation
- Other potential ideas to engage the community: recording live events and putting them on our Soundcloud?
- Bryan did not hear back from IRIS but did hear back from St. Paul’s House–waiting for approval from their communications department but will then make a PSA
- Connecticut ACLU is going to send Lara a PSA
- Zazie recorded a PSA at the refugee training meeting, just to get the ball rolling–we also have guidelines for making a PSA from last year’s class and will then send it to the board
- Ben G is talking to CPE who is interested, still waiting to hear back from Middle Eastern Student Association
- Julia talking to Casey from Wesleyan Refugee Project, but they will write scripts and we’ll get them recorded–also said that the Imam wants to get more involved with the campus so we could reach out to him
- Abby talked to Wesleyan Climate Ambassadors, and a few of them just became Wesleyan DJs so we could work on that
- Professor Tucker is bring a BBC radio producer into the station–she wants to do something with the radio station that but that idea is still in works
- They want to air something over the summer from the class
- Professor Weisberg also wants to air interviews from her class over the summer perhaps
- When we do collaborations with classes, we should strive to produce air-able content
- We should give them clear-cut guidelines with a set number of episodes and time
- CL got the final program guide, a few things need to be fixed, but hopefully we should have that today or tomorrow
- The training will start late this year because of spring break (will be 2 weeks before and 2 weeks after)
- Interest meeting will be on February 19th at 4pm in PAC001–will post a Wesleying post when we get closer
Pledge Drive Ideas:
- New T-Shirt, thinking about also a MYRP T-shirt to commemorate its 10th anniversary
- Thinking about doing the ouija board design for the tote bag that was made last semester
- What about a new bumper sticker design? Wyatt will take a stab at it
- Amazing event at La Boca last year, great job Bryan! This could be a great annual event so that we keep people excited about it everytime it comes up
- What about a block party in the parking lot? This would be really fun! Let’s choose a date around now: late April so it’s warm. Wyatt will push forward this idea. How difficult would it be to close down the parking lot? We could do a partnership with the Red & Black Cafe so they also get exposure. Would it be a dry or wet event?
- An open house idea for parents of students–will check in with Ben M re: budget for any pizzas for a potential event
- We should get something on the front page!
- BMI was reported to
- In the process of emailing small labels to send us more music–if anyone has any labels you want us to reach out to, let us know!
- Attempts at making digital copies of albums more accessible to DJs in the studio
- Putting up a sheet in Studio A for RedScroll requests
- Why have none of you made promos for your shows yet? Most shows don’t! Lara’s going to make a list of shows that don’t have promos yet
WESU Board Meeting — 1/31/17
Spring Program Start:
- Thank you so much Hadley! You rock!
- Aux cord issue in Studio A reported last night–update from Tues. night: Aux cord is working again
- 2 people didn’t show up to their show last night, someone missed their show the night before
- R said multiple people didn’t show up over winter break–this needs to be addressed at the staff meeting
- If someone is not there, they need to call/email Hadley, NOT Ben M–we need to let everyone know this at the staff meeting
- Remind people that the policy going forward is that if you miss your show, it results in suspension
- Switched up morning programming
- Beth is writing up a press release for the spring program
- Cloie is designing the program and it’s almost done–this is going to get out fast! Going to the printer by Friday
- Programming being finalized, so Zazie and Hadley calling for a syndicated show to not be off the air for this upcoming season
- It is a syndicated public affairs show
- The show features and does not question the beliefs of multiple concerning guests, including Holocaust deniers (like Christopher Bollyn), Alex Jones (who has written xenophobic articles and is recognized by the Southern Poverty Center)
- This is not an in-house production and the host is not a WESU staff member
- We should really think about the public affairs shows that we are broadcasting, and we should apply that feeling consistently–we should set up standards and codes this semester
- The board unanimously votes for removing the program, replacing it with Building Bridges, a labor union show
- Some of our existing PSAs are sadly very dated
- Start reaching out to student groups and recording this week
- Create a group of people who want to do this and set a time to record/divvy up student group contacting
- List of student groups: Wesleyan Doula Project, Middle Eastern Student Association, Wesleyan Refugee Project (Casey), Phone Bank stuff, Jewish Voices for Peace, any sort of mental health services
- We will work on this individually–make a couple and a few different lengths for each organization
- Outside student groups: ACLU, CAIR, IRIS (Integrated Refugee and Immigration Services), St. Paul’s House is doing a major fundraiser recently–could also reach out to CT branches of these major groups
- Potentially put together a list of organizations to donate to
- 5k run for refugees in New Haven
- Beth: Phone Bank, Doula
- Julia: WRP
- Ben: CPE, Middle Eastern Student Association
- Abby: Environmental groups
- Zazie: emailing Kauanui’s class
- Bryan: IRIS
- Ben will make a google doc after this–let’s have 2-3 PSAs for next week
- Taken out all the winter break promos, re-recorded the ones for shows that changed times
- All of the promos should be updated–if one seems to be wrong, let Lara know
- We want everyone to make a promo for their show this semester! EVERY. DANG. SHOW.
Board Meeting Times:
- Tuesday @ 5pm seems to work for everyone except for Babe
Staff Meeting/Sexual Harassment Training:
- First staff meeting on Sunday!
- Debbie cannot do the sexual harassment training this Sunday, so we are trying to make it for 3/5/17 with Debbie
- Sending out policy to staff a week or two before then
- Modifying staff meetings in general–perhaps moving 1 to 2 meetings a semester?
- Let’s figure them out!
- We figured it out! Ben will update the website once these are solidified
WESU Board Meeting — 11/15/16
- Fixing the manual outside the studio, working to make it more concise
- Everyone sign up for practical times!
- Ben M sent an email out about how to do a practical exam, there are also instructions in the folder
- Lots of frantic service hour requests–respond to them please!
- People going to MD service hours most of all!
- Made the poster for La Boca–will print out so people can start postering
- Press release written for La Boca and about to get sent out
- Haven’t gotten to WesCard people yet
- Hoping to sell T-shirts on Friday 11-1pm–Ben G will try to reserve the table
- 30 tickets sold so far–no board members! Board members, buy tickets
- Maybe offering it at the staff meeting to see if people can just hand you $25
- Less student involvement but hoping to reach the community even more
- Email needs to go out notifying the public
- Another review that’s about to go up on the blog!
- Made an announcement at the town hall but no one has reached out yet
- Make an announcement at the staff meeting as well
- Let’s figure out a time to meet and start producing
- ¾ of the way through the pledge drive! Almost there
- Made a new promo promo to go out there–can anyone make any new promos? Babe will make one–everyone be cognizant of this
- It’s #givingtuesday! We should have figured out matching donations earlier–how did Ben M find out? How can we find out about this earlier next time?
Sexual Harassment Policy/Training:
- What is the timeline for this? Should we meet with CL?
- We can change one section in our draft for the end of the semester–will do this before next week
- When do we want this training to be?
- Should it be a one-time thing or multiple offerings? Maybe a one-time thing but do it in training in the future
- Should a non-student do the training? Many people leaning towards non-student. We will talk to Debbie about if she or Alysha would be able to do it
- Doing it February meeting
- B covering shows in December? No, the board says must wait till next season
- Looking for a paid producer, looking for sponsorship?
- It would be great to have shows with higher production values and support our staff but also we don’t want to compromise our status as a free-form radio station–we also can’t really spend money on just one show
- What about MO’s show? That show is not underwritten but is part of that show’s community outreach. Could be a good model for CS to pursue
- There are other great shows that sound very professional as well–we can provide resources within the organization
- Becomes a difficult precedent when people sponsor their shows individually
- We want to go to her with suggestions–so what other ways can we help her achieve her goals?
- Encourage her to meet with other staff members (we could facilitate those interactions–provide her with these resources)
- Middlesex Community College has a communications program–maybe she could reach out to interns at that organization?
- Encourage her to help her own production skills–find an audio production skills!
- Could we find a resource like Lynda to provide the staff with? Students have free access–we could look into a separate possibility
- Providing a potential Audition workshop?
WESU Board Meeting — 11/8/16
- Almost done with pledge drive PR–sending out La Boca press release soon
- Might do one now and one closer to the date
- Making a poster this week for La Boca stuff
- Are tickets being sold at the box office? Slightly confused on this point–Beth will contact Bryan
- Thing’s are going well–L has been helping out a lot! Other people have been coming to help out
- Two reviews are up
- Going to be checking up on new releases starting the end of this week
- Usdan tabling on Thursday 4-6pm–no volunteers yet
- Worst case scenario, Wyatt can volunteer but won’t be available for take-down
- Post on WesAdmits
- Reserving tables for lunch next week as well
- Make a pledge drive promo!
- Staff pledge drive promo competition next semester
- Might find out which public affairs shows don’t have promos yet
- Will look at making labels for everyone who won labels for things in the station
- Hoping to meet with Debbie on Friday morning
- Mandatory trainings outside of staff meetings next semester? This is up for discussion
- Should we shoot for doing training the first meeting back next semester? We can have a student lead this specific to us
- B has met with Debbie too
- Staff party–let’s schedule this soon–for 12/2 or 12/3–potentially underwater themed
- Soundcloud to be worked on soon
- New spinitron requests coming in–yay! Should we make categories for our shows on the spinitron page? This seems maybe unnecessary for a free-form radio station
- Looking into a free StreamRewind alternative?
- Training is over! Congratulations Julia!
- This Sunday is Tips & Tricks–we have one student to volunteer. Lara might also join. The test will be after and two sexual harassment questions have been added
- OB has been added to the staff list
- Weekly email announcements–mailchimp or gmail?
- Might try to move forward with this mailchimp
- We only have one announcement, Wyatt’s, this week–we will start sending the newsletter next week
- Pledge drive–what else can we be doing?
- Shirts! They are $15
- We should make personal Facebook posts more!
- Maybe we should change the streaming audio to a pledge drive plea–let’s ask Ben M
- What about Red & Black or Swings brunch for WESU? Let’s talk to RD–Adam or Abby will reach out to him
- Postering around Middletown community? And poster for the La Boca dinner?