on Saturday, November 5th, and WESU Middletown wants to get you in the crowd with complimentary tickets!
There are two ways to win! First, you can tune in live to Homegrown withRobbie on Thursday, November 3rd at 5:05 PM.
Second, you can participate in our online giveaway by following the link below!
WESU Board Meeting — 11/01/16
- Was awesome! We raised over $300. Great success, thank you Beth + Wyatt for all the organizing!
- Should we make more permanent labels for the objects around the station? Zazie is on it
- Mailing all went out on Thursday night and we are starting to get more money coming in
- Tabling in Usdan with shirts next week–Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday. Wyatt will make a spreadsheet for that (Beth will check out WesCard stuff too)
- Do we want a newsletter every week to send out board emails and reduce the number we send out?
- This Sunday!
- Bringing up pledge drive goals + harassment policy updates
- We have a serious staff meeting attendance problem–should send out a staff email to people (Julia)
- Things are going well–still looking for people for Tips & Tricks. Looks like Abby, Babe, and Bryan could help out
- Sexual harassment policy went well at training, most people were pretty receptive to this
- Written exam given November 13th–will draft some questions for that
- Listserv is all updated now
- Maybe people’s emails have started going to spam?
- Spinitron calendar still isn’t looking quite right–but Babe says he went through and updated it all–he will check again
- No update on the app
- Someone in training is revamping the WESU website on Friday morning–avoid posts on Friday morning
Music New Releases:
- Finding a list for exemptions
- Checking on this could be a service hour activity
- Announce this to the staff again
Radio Free America:
- Potentially a free alternative to StreamRewind–looking into this
- Wyatt and Ben G will work on this soon
- In the midst of writing the press release–might hold off on writing it
- Ben G and Abby will also write a follow-up email
- Reaching out to different music groups on campus? Beth will think about reaching out to other groups for pledge drive
- Press release for the fundraising dinner needed
- Promo made by Lara
- Not enough tickets sold yet–promotion through press release by Beth!
- We could poster around Middletown–Beth can make this and take care of it
- Bryan will reach out to the CFA about putting images up on the monitors
- Ticket giveaways don’t seem to be getting much interest–bring this up at the staff meeting to see if there’s interest
- Looking into music exemptions but it isn’t on the continuing shows thing–we can fix this for next semester’s application
- Budget approved! More buttons!
- It’s Helly’s birthday! Happy birthday!
- More people are interested in helping out and joining
- Blog has been updated yay!
WESU Middletown, Manic Productions, and The Outer Space / The Ballroom want to get our listeners to where the fresh and tasty beats go wild! !!! (Chkchkchk) is coming to The Ballroom on Monday, November 7th.
To win, you can participate in our online giveaway below!
WESU Middletown, Manic Productions, and College Street Music Hall are joining up again to send our listeners to another great concert! Reel Big Fish and their Turn the Radio Off’ 20th’s Anniversary Tour is coming to College Street Music Hall on Sunday, November 13th, 216 with guests MASKED INTRUDER and Stacked Like Pancakes.
There are two ways to win! First, you can tune in live to Undercover on Thursday, October 27th at 10:00 PM.
Second, you can participate in our online giveaway below!
WESU Board Meeting — 10/26/16
- Beth figured out coffee + FB event (coffee from RD)
- Wyatt making a poster to send out
- Still looking for people at 3pm! Board members sign up
- We should have T-shirts by then too–yay! We are doing it with Sandbox Arts
- Lara will make some buttons on Friday (button party, come one come all)
- We are on the online schedule
- Make sure we have a strong social media presence–we are inviting the trainees
- We need to send out an all-staff email about this (Wyatt or Beth will do this)
- Lara will make some promos
- Going great! Bryan will keep working on outreach
Sexual Harassment Policy:
- Reviewing policy that Zazie and Ben drafted
- Julia will go over this at training this week
- Will email to DC to look over–Ben M and CL also going to meet with DC
- Must add discrimination clause
- It’s been going good!
- November 13th will be Tips & Tricks, sending out email soon
- People are not emailing Hadley about coverage so we don’t know who to contact when things go wrong on air! We need to speak to the staff about this at the next meeting
- Many people are consistently late to their shows
- Spinitron playlists aren’t really showing up
- Events Director email still isn’t working (ask Ben M about it)
- Do we need another work study student?
- Staff meeting turnout is pretty awful
- Pledge drive is going very slowly–more staff members need to be involved with this
- Email to go out to all staff from Abby
Pledge Drive Concert:
- Really doesn’t seem likely for this semester–we should do this to coincidence with the spring pledge drive
- Can brainstorm people to bring from outside Wesleyan
WESU Board Meeting — 10/18/16
Sexual Harassment Case/Policy:
- Final vote on when to let B reapply to the station
- Meeting with Debbie C. upon returning
- If there are any more conflicts, ban him permanently
- Board vote (8 “Y,” 0 “N”)
- Zazie, Ben, Beth, and Abby are meeting tomorrow at 12pm to discuss sexual harassment policy–will send out early this week in time for training next Thursday–the written examination for training will include this new policy
Full Staff Training:
- All staff training in November–should we change this and give people more warning?
- Do we want to say that all DJs must go through a training in order to have a show?
- We are holding off until next semester for this
Meeting Next Week:
- Due to fall break, meeting next week on Wednesday at 5pm
- More people need to fill out the spreadsheet! How do we get this to happen?
- Any amount is fine!
- Emailing people individually? Bryan will do a mail merge to email people–Abby will draft the email to send out
- Ben M has a mailing ready to go out
- Ben G and Abby will write a letter to the alumni (will figure it out on Thursday during board hours)
- Open house for parents weekend to get some more donations!
- We need coffee and board members–let’s ask Rob DeRosa for coffee (Beth will do that)
- Lara will set up a “record your promo” station
- Beth will make a sign-up sheet
- Will sell T-shirts and stickers
- WESU wheel of fortune in Studio X but it needs some work
- Wyatt will also get the ball rolling
- December 7th at La Boca
- Posted tickets on Wesleyan’s Box Office!
- Beth, Helly, and Wyatt will meet for a potential concert–approaching Wesleyan bands (potentially Chef?)
- Will report back at next week’s meeting!
- Needing to find more people who want to do ticket giveaways–how do we get more people involved?
- Board members will take some of these tickets
- Bryan writing an easy how-to for giving away tickets: it’s easy and fun!
Pledge Drive Social Media:
- Need to make a FB event page for the pledge drive
- New interesting posts for pledge drive
- Do we want to see a printed version of it as a test? Then we can start tabling at Usdan
- Issue with spinitron calendar on the website (Upfront Soul is from 12-2am on Thursday nights, but right now there’s just a hole)
- Also Babe will update DJ links and show descriptions
- Emails are working again! Huzzah!
- No updates on the app yet–the developer is really not into it (Babe will post in WesAdmits and reach out to a friend)
- Blog has not been updated in almost two weeks! Start posting things, including even just the charts
- Been contacted by one trainee to start charting
- Rotating pledge promos mid-week
- Zazie had a pre-recording issue this week while Lara was off-campus so she couldn’t help. Maybe put together a problem solving document for situations like this?
WESU Middletown, AEG Live NYC, and College Street Music Hall want to get you tickets to see Young Thug with 21 Savage! Young Thug is performing on Thursday, November 10th at the always excellent College Street Music Hall, and WESU Middletown has tickets for our lucky listeners. For your chance to win, tune in live to Fresh Produce this Wednesday, October 26th at 11:00 PM!
If you miss out on the giveaway, there are still tickets available via College Street Music Hall’s website!