Staff Meeting 12/7/14

Open Meeting (Danielle)
Welcome to our final meeting of the semester/fall season!
 
Google Group (Becca) Due to continued problems without staff list serve, we are going to migrate to a google group. This will be more reliable and keep an archive of all of our emails that you can check to see if you missed any.  Be on the lookout for an email request to join this group in the coming week.  (email address for the group for now: wesu_staff@googlegroups.com
Program (Ethan)
- Fall program end date and transition to winter programming signups
     -sign-up sheet will be up at the station. first-come, first-serve basis.
     -respond to Ethan’s email if you want to have a weekly show in the winter.
- Spring programming:
     -form will be sent out soon for applying, fill out by January 1.
     -spring program to start in February.
Service hours (Ben G)
– Students should have their hours done by the time they leave for break.
- Community volunteers should have them completed by the end of 2014
Public Relations (Tess)
-December zine is almost out! Thanks to the art mafia (esp. Joe and Pete for doing the layout) and everyone who submitted.
Public Affairs (Laura)
-email Laura with the content of your public affairs shows at least 24 hours in advance, so she can share them.
-will start doing this more in the spring
Production (Abby)
-thanks to everyone who recorded promos this season!
-will be sending down a batch of promos to WSHU.
-Guide to Studio B, C, Audition, & a Happy Life: available for everyone
-Kiley and Allis are working on a video for how to use the phone coupler.
-75th video on YouTube and our website. 
 
75th anniversary (Ben M)
Thanks to the Board and staff who helped with special events and programming
While we didn’t have the resources we need to pull many off, we accomplished a lot and I really appreciate all who contributed, especially the following:
- Bryan Skowera for all his work on 75 years of as well as the rest of the DJs who contributed.
– Leith Johnson for assistance with the archives and for creating such a wonderful display at Olin library,
- David Bauer for making sure the state and city didn’t let this landmark anniversary go by without notice and for using his Television show to help us spread the word.
- David Whitney for organizing and producing our events. (and thanks for all the volunteers who pitched in, Sandbox for helping with decorations, and Lord Lewis for an awesome opening set.)
- Ian McCarthy – our work-study student, who helped in many ways behind the scenes.’
– Also Virgil Taylor and Nicholas Msall for their great design work on programs and logos, etc.
- Abby Shneyder for producing the short film of WESU history.
Helen Evrard and Maria Johnson for their enthusiasm and encouragement and their willingness to lend a hand, no matter what the task, to help me stay on track. Thanks also to Danielle Pruitt and Becca Seidel the many other board and staff members who lent a hand in the success of our 75th anniversary program in one way or another.
The film!! If you haven’t seen it yet…. You should.  Let’s show it at the end of the meeting.  It’s also online, on our website.
Pledge Drive: current tally = still got $15K left to go.
$20k collective goal.
- if met, will help us stay on track for annual operations budget and get us a new mixing board to compliment some other upgrades coming our way. More on that later.
-$4K matching grant from the University provost, will go towards a new mixing board. good step towards raising our profile within the University.
-Maria: don’t be afraid to ask people for money! People want to be asked.

- If you listen to any of the public radio or TV drives – they fixate on goals for a reason.  We are not as sophisticated but the more we remind the audience of how they are helping us, with a concrete goal, the more likely they are to help.

- Tell the audience we are trying to replace our 20 year old mixing board and that will cost roughly $10K on its own!!

Packets are for you guys to reach out to new donors off air – this is easiest way to reach your goal.

Make a short list of potential donors, people who really like you and appreciate your radio show.  Perhaps family and friends or perhaps guests from your past shows.

Personal Goals – www.wesufm.org/goal
-Will send out an email with list of everyone who donate from last drive – take a look at how much money you brought in last season.
-Reasonable to shoot for anywhere between 100 and 1000 dollars. Will you lose your show if you don’t make your goal? No, of course not.
-Will that result from playing a few promos on air during your show? No, you have to work at it off air.
-Share your goal and with the people you pitch to and explain why it’s important that you make your goal: keep the station operating and replace our 20 plus year old mixing console that operates 24 hrs per day.
On air promotions: I said 6 per hour – shouldn’t be that big of a deal for most show, but just do your best. This helps ensure all our listeners know about the drive.  Some great ones in there including the local and recently reunited rock group “The Bus” doing their own version of Cream’s “Sunshine of your love.”  Karen Stein also wrote a song, which we will get in the studio as well as the brand new promos produced by this year’s Board.
Also worth noting:
- New this year! Kid shirts – small Children’s/toddler size (new classic size)
-Matching gifts? Many corporations like, Cigna, Philips, Pfizer, match their employees’ giving.
     -go to Wesconnect to search for whether your company matches donations. There is a central database for this.

Upgrades: As mentioned earlier – there are several upgrades in the works:

     -Wireless audio: As of last week, WSHU engineers completed a big project and we are now receiving NPR/WSHU audio wirelessly from a           satellite in Milford that sends it to our tower here in Middletown which also sends it wirelessly to our studios – thanks to WSHU engineers.
     -New security system, new scheduling system, 4 new PCs, new studio monitors,and real Comcast cable internet coming soon – should drastically improve our online access.
     -Backup power update: While we didn’t have the resources to make this happen this year, we have succeeded in raising awareness of the issue with the University and Local emergency management dept, who both are trying to help us out with this. We are now working with the university at the highest level in operations and with the grants dept. to seek out funding for this large project.
     -replacing whiteboard with a LED screen, attached to a Google calendar.
Questions/comments?
-Where are the pledge promos? – in a folder called “Pledge Drive Promos” on the air studio desktop.
-Pop-up window soliciting donations? – we’ll see if we can implement this.

Board Notes 12/2/14

All staff meeting email reminder and agenda needed
All staff email issues – move to Google group?
-needs to be not open to the public
-setting so anyone on the list can send an email to the group.
-Mizael will set up group
-in the meantime: send any composed all-staff emails to Ben so he can send them out through MailChimp.
Pledge Drive – mailing is out, email blasts to com to different groups
-DonorSnap
-Microsoft Access: could potentially interface with QAC connection (analysis of donor/listener data)
-Abby will work on designing database over the winter.
FB event: Tess will make tonight. Everyone invite friends!
press release
new Promos
Goals
Packets
Program:
Winter break: Ethan will send out an all-staff email highlighting clearly available slots
-will post sign-up sheet on the wall ASAP
End of fall programming: people not required to do shows after Friday, but are encouraged to do so.
-will discuss spring season applications on Thursday
Production:
Organizing desktop on studio PCs: new policy – don’t save your own files to desktop, people can have their own folder within My Documents where they can save stuff
fix small detail on WESU history video – Abby/Danielle will work on it.
Training: finishing up this week
-those who have completed training can produce online content next semester.
-work on creating online podcast platform
service hour sheets: remind people that they’re on Ben’s door.
-board hour duty to refill box of service hour sheets
-bring stack to Sunday’s staff meeting
-one sheet for each person for the entire semester?

Board Notes 11/19/14

Events:
Freakers Ball: ticket sales are subpar so far. everyone on the board should commit to selling at least 5 tickets directly tonight
-final push tomorrow (Thursday) at lunch
-strategic comp tickets for people who will definitely bring other people/get others to buy tickets
Personnel:
TRAINING:
-logistics of final project: directing people to come in during mostly board hours, so that board members will be available if trainees have basic audio editing questions.
-getting in touch with RedFeather: not responsive. Offered to give the board a tour of the studio, but no word on the training front.
SERVICE HOURS:
If people drop the ball at the last minute on a service hour commitment, they have to make up that service hour and get ONE additional service hour tacked on.
Production: Kiley & Allison (hosts of The Production Report) are interested in making an instructional video on how to use Studio B/pre-produce a show. They use Studio B a lot and are into film. Coming in Friday to start planning it out.
Pledge Drive: once packets are completely ready to go (today/Friday? is Ben’s letter done?), we will send out those pledge goal emails.
-Remind people to bring packets home for Thanksgiving!
MDs:
-We’re finally up-to-date with incoming music!
-People will come into board hours to help with adds/organization.
-Erin McGrath wants to help out with the music blog.
Tech:
-StreamRewind troubles: alternating week schedule messed up, some CVs’ shows don’t have StreamRewind pages. Will work on this tomorrow during board hours & send out an all-staff email telling people without StreamRewind pages to make an account (once the listserv is fully functional again).
Other things:
TV show this Friday: Danielle, Laura, & Ethan will be attending.
last meeting: Tuesday 12/2 at 5PM

Board Notes 11/12/14

EVENTS:
Freakers Ball: the board will cover the rest of the volunteer slots.
-Facebook event: invite everyone at once as soon as it’s publicized.
-decorating! (Tess/Art Mafia)
-winner of the dance-off will blow out the candles of a WESU birthday cake
-we can raise up to $1500 on this show!
-coat check (Ben G. will ask Second Stage about getting a coat rack)
-electronic list of people who have bought tickets (on a Google doc) – David will send out
-Lord Lewis opening
PERSONNEL:
Training: going well! about 25 people signed up to host interns.
-trainees are eager to do service hours, etc.
PROGRAM:
Thanksgiving coverage: not going to punish people if they can’t find coverage for Thanksgiving, but they should make sure to be in communication with Ethan if they can’t find anyone.
Show evaluations: should be done by the end of the semester. Sign up for 3 shows on the Google doc ASAP.
PRODUCTION:
Video: formally roll it out for the pledge drive
Organizing promo/PSA folders: not enough time to get around to it – delegate for service hours
MDs:
-Zach will send out an all-staff email about the blog today or tomorrow
PUBLIC AFFAIRS:
-Laura will send out the Public Affairs show evaluation form tonight.
-code of journalistic standards for public affairs shows
-Pacifica audio port: looking into uploading programs to it.
-show hosts who have an interview coming up should interview Laura; she can post the info on Facebook.
-revamping the Jive at Five: script to go through Public Affairs director on Monday
PLEDGE DRIVE:
pledge packets will be done and ready to send by Monday.

Board Notes 11/5/14

Training: Sundays at 3, Wednesdays at 8
-next time: public affairs
-at least 10 shows offered to host interns so far.
Program: Ethan will send out an email during board hours tomorrow, and a follow-up with all the open slots.
-Reggae block missed shows – one because of a funeral, the other was away (Donovan). Ethan will send these DJs an email reminding them of the protocol for missing shows.
Attendance at meetings: we have to be more strict about this. Students especially who have missed too many meetings will have a lower priority on the programming schedule in the spring.
-If you don’t go to the December and haven’t been to any other meetings, you’re not getting a show.
-If you have missed one or two you have lower priority.
-Beginning of next semester: reminder email that attendance will be taken more seriously.
Show evaluation forms: checklist of things that are in the manual, sticking to description, free-form mission.
-splitting up the listening: new shows this semester, older shows next semester.
-35 new shows this semester
-Ethan will email everyone a list of new shows, board members will sign up to listen to 3 each.
Events: Freakers’ Ball will go until midnight! Woooo!
-opening WESU DJs 9-10, Tubin 10-12
-tshirts are a no-go
-posters will be designed, waiting on figuring out who the DJs will be.
-board/staff members should go through event host training.
-$5 ticket? yes
-manning the doors as a service hour
-invite everyone you know!
 
Pledge Drive: Abby will make a promo, we will send out the pledge goal Google form ASAP.
Brooklyn concert: waiting on Ben M.’s contacts

Board Notes 10/22/14

Program:
Hibiki missed show: extra service hours aimed at pledge drive

Food donations? – it’s been a bad year for many of the resturants but we’ll keep searching.

Record Fair: fliers, volunteers

Training:
First training will be Nov. 2: twice a week, one weekday night & one Sunday afternoon; need someone to host Sunday afternoon training.
-We have about 60 people willing to participate in training
-Tess helping with sunday and Laura with weekdays with Mizael

Misc:
Ben G: – community member from Hartford wants to have a show about working mothers but wants to start next semetser, half hour slot
Laura – people from the Center for Prison educaction have been recording interviews @ 9. They need to be let in at 9?
-Next meeting we plan to divide and conquer staff list to figure out goals

Board Notes 10/15/14

EVENTS:

Record Fair:  Need to get event listed on Wesleyan Blog, Wesleying (when appropriate), Middletown Eye, and any other community listings (Stephan Allison has already added us to the Arts2go blog.)
-We need to follow up on organizing the vinyl for bringing to the record fair.
-Waiting to hear about Food truck.
-Needs more fliers (send to staff).

Dull Tools showcase: all ready to go for next Wednesday. Let David know if you want to help set up.

Dance party: November 20, will have to end at 11PM. will probably start at 9 with 8:30 doors.
-will need to creatively market this to get people rallied for a relatively early show.
-silkscreening t-shirts! (the Sandbox guys are super down)

TRAINING:
-about 60 people showed up to the info session.
-Anarchy on Air & ANR don’t want to go through the producers’ training program because of its introductory level.
-board consensus: will work out a plan with them individually to make sure they’re on the same page with WESU policies and using the equipment.
-should we require more of this semester’s trainees? service hours/internships?
-4 service hours
-optional internships (an internship could count for a service hour)
-required to make an automated show
-making a promo could count for a service hour
-timeline: 3 or 4 workshops across November, making an automated show by the end of November. (this will be in place of the practical)

MUSIC:
-committees & blog: Rohan has to check in with Zach.
-the MDs can interview the artists who are visiting for the Dull Tools showcase.

PR:
-Press releases: Danielle will send Tess all the contacts for sending out the press release for the record fair (which is done)
-This week for record fair; next week, commemoration event with mayor, followed by pledge drive announcement.
-Art Mafia had first meeting. WESU Zine: Sandbox guys want to do layout, call for art submissions will go out.
-including the zine in our pledge drive mailing would tie in great with our final 75th anniversary stretch.
-fixing the Facebook: is happening in the leadup to the pledge drive.

PLEDGE DRIVE:
-board challenge: collectively raise $1000

Brooklyn event: Ben M. is sending out ticklers. (“Is that an obscure Brooklyn band?” -Tess)

Fall break, are we set for this?  Ethan is coordinating.

75th ANNIVERSARY EVENT AT DFC:

-Abby: video is going well. More people need to send in photos! music suggestions from MDs?
-Becca is making official invitations to send. (Mayor, Roth, Rob Rosenthal, Roth Wizen and Kathy, Joyce Jacobson, trustees?)
-Student leaders or faculty that appreciate WESU or should know more (Izzy, Justin Gitlin, President of WSA, other key people)
-Schedule of events:
-5:30: picture
-6: food and schmooze
-7: meeting with fundraising stuff

-Food updates: waiting on manager/owner responses from Mondo, Emporium, Nora, Haveli, Typhoon. Have confirmation from Red & Black, Iliano’s, & Taino. Ben M. is in touch with Bon App.

PLEDGE DRIVE:

- We will be asking people to tell us their own goals and will follow up with them.
  • divide and conquer: come up with email template to send people
  • puts the ball in their court
  • encourage people to make realistic goalsAlumni: need to reach out to alumni (sooner rather than later) asking for images of program guides, bumper stickers, and t shirts that we can incorporate into our online galleries of WESU history.

-Ian is working on getting our programs /images up online in galleries as we speak. Once done with that he can also work on a page linking WESU/ Argus articles.

-TIMELINE of pledge drive:

11/2 (staff meeting / commemorative event)
Fundraising phase 1: Get program guide and pledge packets out in the mail to past donors
-During this phase, staff members are expected to develop, state, and pursue their off air donation goal.
-Goals will be collected by board members and recorded in a spreadsheet.
Staff members should aim to reach their goal by the next staff meeting/before we move into “Phase 2.”
-During Phase 1, we will also start to subtly talk about our fundraising goals on air and play “anytime” pledge pitches. (We should be playing plenty of 75th anniversary promos during this period as well)

Dec 1: transition into our on Phase 2: on-air pledge drive
-During this phase, staff member will be expected to make pledge announcements at least 4 times per hour. These can be live pledge pitches from our handbook (improvising is ok) or prerecorded pledge pitches.
-Ideally, this phase is completed within 2 weeks but it will extend to the end of the calendar year if need be.

Dec 7 (Staff meeting and pledge check-in)
-With Phase 1 behind us and folks having most staff having met their stated goals, we should be approaching our collective goal.
-Perhaps, at this point, we can acknowledge our staff members who have reached their goals, by presenting them with the incentives we promised.

Staff member issues:
-Billy I. & Rachel K. want to prerecord their comedy show (1/3/5 Wednesdays, 1:30-2:30 AM). Board decision: they don’t have enough of a reason not to do it live and should be able to make it work as-is. It’s not super late, they’re on campus, and they have a live DJ after them. (David: “Someday everything will be prerecorded.” Ethan: “We’ll all be robots eventually.”)
-Rohan no-show: will do extra service hours in the form of helping Abby collect music for the 75th anniversary video.

Board Notes 10/8/14

Training:
Info session scheduled for tomorrow, will see what people’s more specific interests/needs are regarding production.

Events:
RECORD FAIR: Need all hands on deck. People tabling at all times; setup, packing up.
-we’ve sold almost all the tables to vendors, which is cool.
-Lee has a timetable for when we need people to help.
-David will send out an all-staff email to get people to sign up to help out.
-flyer says 55 Wyllys Avenue (where the fair actually is) as opposed to 45 Wyllys (which has been a typo on posters for years).           Should we change it back to the typo to avoid confusing people? -NO.
-flyers to put up on Main Street.
-PR: press release

DULL TOOLS SHOWCASE: capacity of Zelnick is 60 people. should be a cool show and won’t seem that small in that space.
-can anyone help get food for the artists?
-Art Mafia posters
-night after fall break: will have to be promoted by the end of next week. (poster by next meeting?)

75th ANNIVERSARY PARTY at Eclectic: we have the money for the artist, the artist himself, and the date at Eclectic.(11/20/14) We just need confirmation.
-competitive element involving dance?
-Thursday night events have to end at midnight.
-ticketed event
-T-shirts!

Open house during Homecoming: we’ll choose a few hours to keep the station open to alumni. Laura will be here that Saturday; Becca will be here all weekend

Pledge Drive:
-people still like offering the different options for raising money (i.e., certain amount of donations, certain dollar amount, or equivalent in merch)
-sending out emails to see what people think their individual goal should be? – people might not follow up with this.
-consensus: minimum of 3 donations per staff member.
-incentive of T-shirts/hoodies: high dollar amounts earn a prize.
-putting a board up to track progress? – a Great Sticker Debate ensues.

Program:
-Program guide is done! will (hopefully) go to the printer tomorrow.
-Eriq: had forgotten whether his show was followed by a live DJ or automation. could have checked the schedule, plus Ethan had sent him an email about automation.
-consequence: more service hours. working sound for the record fair. (9-11 AM)
-alternating programming: sending out an email at the beginning of each month would be helpful.
-Laura gets a sticker punishment for missing a show.
-ANR: hasn’t been reserving Studio B ahead of time.

October 2014 Staff Meeting Notes

Welcome from Ben / General Announcements

-thanks to Dave Bauer for the photo!

-75th commemorative event at next staff meeting: food, video, proclamation from Mayor plus other dignitaries.

-will take place at the Daniel Family Commons (DFC) at Usdan – 45 Wyllys Avenue
-need help finding food donations – looking for 8 restaurants to donate 75 appetizers trade for underwriting announcements.
-coordinating this will earn you service hours.
-we can forward the underwriting form to staff members.
-if you have connections to restaurants, go through Ben or another board member so the details are clear.

-Check out Leith’s display right here at Olin. Many thanks to Leith!

– Still need hosts for November and December 75 Years Of…

-Bryan is hosting this month’s show: 75 years of LGBTQ artists.
-email Bryan (djcheshirecat@gmail.com) directly with suggestions.
-get in touch if you want to host! (burn off service hours!)
-suggest a theme!

– Service hours: don’t let them creep up on you. Plenty to do.

– Pledge Drive: will be going hard at it starting in early November for whole month. Need to raise $20K!!

-Some people do an awesome job at raising money. Others haven’t made as much of an effort in the past.

- Working on fine tuning our model to ensure everyone is participating. Thinking of a “Give or Get” policy. Suggestions from staff?

-Ken: maybe ask people at other stations what kinds of models they use.
-Bryan: making it mandatory for students to generate money when we already ask for money from the WSA isn’t fair. Also not fair to ask community volunteers to come up with the money. Having alternatives for raising money (as noted in last week’s board notes) seems like a stronger, fairer suggestion.
-How do people know how much money they’ve raised personally/how many people have actually donated when asked? – making the “Whose show is this in support of?” field mandatory on the donation form.
-maybe doing a Give or Get without the consequences?
-Karen: based on pledge drives at other stations (like WHUS): having a phone bank, offering premiums, going out to businesses. Every show had a goal.
-that’s basically how we’ve done pledge drives in the past, but it’s turned out inconsistently.
-What if we had more of an online store presence? – the University controls our online portal for donations. We could look into enhancing what we have, but it will be challenging.
-using a portal like eBay for offering premiums, esp. for collectible items.
-Bill: maybe we could insert an auction page into our website.
-Ben: we have a somewhat limited ability to control how money is coming in. Happy to talk more if people have specific suggestions.
-Ken: utilizing social networks more for pledge drive purposes.

Program:

-Fall Break coverage: fall break is just two weeks away! Plan ahead and avoid all-staff emails because they clog the server.

-Don’t step on automated shows! Pull up automation according to the time on the computer clock.

Public Affairs:
-In order to make public affairs more of a presence, we’re making a Public Affairs listserv. If you have any type of show that touches on public affairs stuff and want to be in the know about interview opportunities, other cool things in the public affairs world, email Laura (publicaffairs@wesufm.org) and she’ll put you on the list.

Events:
-Record Fair is on Sunday, 10/26/14, from 11am to 5pm.

-lots of volunteer opportunities!
-volunteer sign-up sheet & flyers at the door. sign up and put up flyers!
-we need at least 2 people with cars to help bring records to and from the station.
-DJs needed to spin vinyl live.
-email events@wesufm.org if you’re available to get involved.
-definitely work to be done the day before (10/25) to load records, set up, etc.
-plenty of service hour opportunities!

-Dull Tools record label showcase: 10/22/14. Spread the word!

Production:
-75th anniversary video: submit photos!
-Also need PROMOS: for shows, 75th anniversary, and pledge drive. Talk to Abby (production@wesufm.org).

Personnel:
-Training info session this Thursday (10/9/14). Spread the word!
-Email personnel@wesufm.org if you want to help out with training.
-We’re especially looking for people involved with Public Affairs shows to talk about their experiences.

Public Relations:
-Social media volunteer opportunities
-Art mafia opportunities: first meeting this week
-Email Tess (or talk to her so she can email you) about getting involved with these things: publicrelations@wesufm.org.

Music Directors:
-thanks to the sub-MDs for doing an awesome job.
-reviving our music blog: get in touch if you want to write reviews!
-cataloging our collection
-come by during the MDs’ service hours (Mondays 4:30-6:30) to help out with day-to-day music needs at the station.

General Staff announcements and questions:
-Dry Dock concert on 10/31/14 at 9PM

Board Notes 10/1/14

Events:
– big speaker for 75th anniversary? get in touch by the end of the week if you have ideas for a big but accessible name.
– BK birthday party: getting a committee together, would be great to book a show between Christmas and New Years
– venue, contact & interested parties
– who are the NY Weskids that are accessible?
– Ben M. is emailing some NYC contacts

City Hall event & proclamation at staff meeting postponed until November
-visit restaurants by NEXT WEEK.

Dull Tools showcase: 10/22. David will talk to Concert Committee again to try to secure full funding.

Record Fair: people should be promoting it on air, flyer is in Studio A.
-David will make a Facebook event during his board hours on Friday.
-Food truck issue?

Freakers Ball: Jonathan Tubin might be a go! (a Thursday in November) – coordinate his availability, the Concert Committee’s availability, and openings at Eclectic.
– all events should be tabled unless towards 75th
– Record Fair: info to website. (Tess is on this)

Training:
– write-up of logistics about how it would work, what production vs. on-air training means, by next week’s board meeting.
– different levels of training
– do our best to make sure that they aren’t redudant
– OCT 15th meeting with Ben M.
– special case-by-case bases for Fall on-air training
– incorporate more stuff about sound.
– guides to put in a binder in Studios A & B

Program guides: design should be finalized tonight. Off to printer for 7-10 days.

Tech: Press page on website for links to articles, photos, etc. relating to WESU

Staff directory – Needs to be updated in studio.
-Ben G. & Ethan will cross-reference staff lists.
-should be organized in Studio A by show times so that DJs can easily contact each other.

MUSIC BLOG – the MDs are on it, will be talking to some people directly during their board hours.

Pledge drive:
– Need to start earlier, ideally with mailing of program guides
– “Give or Get” idea: board thinks $75 is too much. $25 is doable. Other options should be available. (SEE BELOW)
-Breakdown we decided on: is that people can either
-Raise a certain amount of money ($25???)
-Sell a certain amount of WESU swag (i.e., t-shirts) for the equivalent of the amount of money
-contribute 2 hours to pledge drive efforts (stuffing envelopes, etc.). this would be on top of regular service hours.

– If we raise a certain amount collectively as a staff, there will be a celebratory angle.
– Need to start early getting promos in order.
– how can we incentivize people raising more money? publicly track people’s progress?