Board Pizza Meeting 12/10

FSN—FSN’d

Introduced the board and new members

Meeting With Roth—went well!
Ben’s meeting with M. Kingsley, helpful with planning
go after who you know
keep shopping the film idea around—ben’s on it

We Are Transitioning!!!!

Updating Staff list soon!

Board will be here at some board hours

Practical Exams are continuing

December Staff Meeting

Welcome all – especially new staff

Another round of training is complete – Thanks to all who lent a hand in training

Final meeting of 2013 next one will not be until February 2nd 2014
 Since that’s also super bowl Sunday we have traditionally started that meeting at 2pm

Election of Board of new Personnel and Public Affairs Directors:
Major thanks to Both Eliza and Danielle who will be going abroad to study next year.

  • ·         Daniel – Did a ton of work to bring our Public File up to date. He inherited a giant back log of work from predecessor.
  • ·         Eliza:  Did an incredible job with training managing duties and MYRP.

Election – candidates spoke and questions before voting

Program stuff

Free Speech Radio News – is trying to regroup and we will keep the spot warm for them through winter break.  Thanks to all who volunteered to cover the spot as we considered our options.

Winter Break

  • Last day students are required to do live shows is tonight ( ? )
  • Students are encouraged to do their shows if possible
  • We will award service hours for covering yours and as always other’s spots.
  • Sing-ups coming tomorrow!
  • Check in o the bulletin

Spring Season

  • Applications will be released in the next week, after the majority of new staff have completed training and have been added to staff list.
  • Start date will be revealed shortly thereafter. 

Pledge drive 

Goal is $13K – 
up a little from last year helping us to kick off our 75th cap campaign to raise at least $25,000 above regular budget in 2014 (2 fiscal yrs).

Review – Kinder Gentler – Not Silent

  • Doesn’t mean we aren’t asking people to donate over the airwaves…
  • We still need to encourage over the air but via demanding call now – operator standing by model… 
  • November allowed us to ease into the drive and get the ball rolling through subtle and docile on air pitches and a few mentions via social networking.

This month is when we really need to bring it home so our approach and tone should be more deliberate.

  • Please play promos or talk about pledge drive at least once per 30 minutes through end of drive. This ensures all our listeners know.
  • More promos and a cheat sheet coming to the studio.

Follow  up with:

  • Email blasts to Alumni, past donors, tix winners, and studio guests, plus Face book. 
  • Packets and personal pitches
  • Internet and social networking pitches

By this past Friday 5pm we were just under $2,000 or nearly 15% of the way.

I am confident this will work if everyone participates:

  • We need to deliver a consistent message to our listeners through promos and our own live pitches.
  • We need to reach out to people we know support our efforts directly (off air in our own lives) and ask for their support.
  • ·Your Personal campaign to your radio people should include

Packets  - please into potential (ideally new) donors  hands

  • ·         Personal pitch/outreach to your stakeholders (friends, family, professors past radio guests, listeners, etc) You can do this via Email, online social networking  or just making an announcement at a church, club, or other social gathering.
  • ·         Be Creative!!  We encourage you to explore ideas on and off air. Consider Special premiums, contests and tactics! Please check with Ben M about anything out of the norm.

WESU depends on listener support. This is a fact

Message to staff:  If you like being a part of this:  We need you to help us develop listener support.

Message for listeners:  If you listen to us – We need you to donate.  

Questions:

— It ends when its done! Or its done the 31st—our line in the snow.
— Can we please update the staff list in studio—yes!

On to: 75th Anniversary

Roth meeting went well, he is on our side!

Exhibits in olin ru working

Working with Bryan’s idea!
—75 songs per month, themed, like queer, socially conscious, artist’s who’ve performed on our airwaves
—Opening up for suggestion

Respond to Daniel/Katherine about public affairs and WESU
—further emails to come

Community involvement—mary is working on reaching out!, let mary know your suggestions, beyond middletown is helpful (within our reach)

Ben is producing a show for twice monthly profiles of WESU history

 

First of December Board Meeting (Notes)

Roth 75th ann. meeting ideas
- Post on their Blog
- Big picture issue, what we’re doing, working with olin
- mentioning the documentary—seed money, connect with the film dept.
- capitol campaign—extra contribution, the amount hasn’t changed in 10years
- reasonable goals with university help
- working with UR etc
- what does he think

New round of promos to build up momentum
- new promos from the board
- full participation means chocolate from mary
- shifting gear to being more urgent tone—NEED vs APPRECIATE
things to focus on
- new t-shirt for 35 and other stuff
- support fav program
- if you got the mail, please do you part

Staff meeting
- mary will email staff
- invited trainees to come to the meeting for the service hour
- requiring new DJs/inviting
- service hour for doing you reading week/finals or some required
- end of term schedule/sign-up period for break
- remind students of the policy
- 75th anniversary after the staff meeting

Elections
- make a ballot—nate will make the ballot
- whose running?
— nate will double check mary’s list

Pledge stuff
—t-shirts are coming (hopefully soon)
—do not forget to mention the WEBSITE
—next stage is outreach through digital methods
—staff packets will be ready for sunday (hopefully) personal letter from mary, graphical element
—825 bucks about 1/13th of the way there

Testing
testing, Practical test – tips n tricks for proctors (thanks Pingami)
changing the plans/timing of the schedule

FB / MGMT
worked out sort of
give some away on homegrown
figuring out how many we have left

Rec fair 3/30, 05/03, or not at all?
- nothing in april available
- march 30th sounds great!
- week to prepare after spring break!

Station service hour day? Possible?
- is there a need, hour wise and items of work to-do
- covering airtime over break is a great opportunity
- save the day for the spring
- send out reminders
- not our job

VIRGIL will be design the 75th anniversary logo

WHERE”S THE BANNER!!@!!@:??
- ethan?

Winter break preparations
—Twitter feed fixing’s
—Streamrewind calendar!
—Break coverage

11/19: This Weeks and Last Weeks Board Notes

Hard Nips Report (Mickey says is went great! ) Good work Izzy!!!!! – thanks to all who helped
—It was amazing!
—Izzy feels good about it
—Great Learning
—Yamantaka/Sonic, in the spring!, having it in the chapel
—making it more WESUy in the future
—#biginjapan
—reggae show? oldies show? fundraising…, further planning is awesome

Thanks giving break programming (Hannah)
—HAAAANUH how’s it going?
—Sent email out, respond if you’re there
—Sign up sheet, notifying the staff about available slots

Recycling – Danielle
—Emailed Bill Nelligan
—Awaiting his response
—Moving forward
—in house envelope reuse plans
—paper recycling is the biggest question (ever)

Fundraising video – Danielle
—an alumni was interested in making a video
—a fundraising video of our own!!!!!
—mary is down
—send danielle ideas for planning for the spring
—virgil will be drunk (pretend????)

6pm news – FSN / WSWS ??
—WSWS is a well established site
—IS there a risk to replacing the news block with a music block
—board will listen to https://www.wsws.org/en/special/podcast.html before thursday

MGMT
—6 (staff) comps
—10 more giveaways. (early donation incentive?)
—all donations before 12/2 get entered to win MGMT tix?
—promoting a contest for people who give donation to the station
—danielle and hannah will make promos/facebook

Thanksgiving programming
— Rob wants to know if he can prerecord.
—Good, fine, awesome

Service hours: lots of rock room cd filing and LPS to be files, plus pledge mailing this week (finally!), program guide distribution(?)
—Ben: Thursday and Friday this week and ongoing,
—directing people towards board hours,

Program Guide Distribution
—finding places to leave a stack
—folding them down
—Exley and all these building
—Bulletin Boards

Meeting next week?
no meeting
, responsive to emails and one opposed, passed

Pledge Drive update and needs
—mandate staff playing promos
—get people to record more promos before mandate
—diversify your styles, board members will record by 12/8, incentivized by mary’s chocolate treat
—casual mentions
hardcore pledge zone is post break

Training (Eliza)
—Tips and Tricks as well as written tests
—worked out awesome! thanks to everyone who was there
—if they can’t make the retake, then come to board hours
—practical scheduling–in order to take you need have your internships done!
—email the board for scheduling the practical/eliza will send out form after we match board hours to spots, firm up the confirmation process, scheduling them for blocks of time
—trainees will be told to bring completed log, written tests will be in folder and on google docs
—GROUP the log, test and contract—going into separate folder

 

Selling airtime updates? (Ben)

Continue reading

11/5/13 Board Notes

License application update from BM, EEP, and ownership reports filed w FCC per Legal Counsel We filed early, awaiting word from the lawyers! Hard nips Concert (Izzy) 1) Security update Applied for money, awaiting results, need board members to help staff the event 2) Promos (Hanna) 3) Poster on website/Facebook and Wesleying next week (Danielle) 4) Flyering campus (trainees? Izzy/Eliza reach out) Mid-Wes (Mary) - Do we want them to table the event for us? – No thank you, but why not something else – Is it as simple as it sounds?????? – Is it a waste of their time? – Answer is no WesDEF program (Ben?) - happening next week on Wednesday, 11/9 at 5:30pm in 41 Wyllys, room 112. Any delegates? – Mary might go – we have something to offer as a service to the town IBS East coast 1 day (Botson) conference is Nov 16. Anyone want to go rep? (Virgil) Training (Eliza/Hannah updates) It’s been going well, thanks everyone!!! Planning for Proctoring the Practical Exam Problem with getting service hours, tell them to come in—their is plenty to do! Any discipline issues/no-shows? EVERYONE IS PERFECT Absences from staff meeting are being assessed MYRP (Eliza) 1) Disciplinary follow-up….how’d it go? - well its going well – working on retraining 2) Anyone interested in replacing Eliza? Mary will post/email staff about the elections to clarify details  75th anniversary Notes from the meeting will be published LISTSERV is coming 75years@wesufm.org it went well Pledge promos contest: 1) Review and pick a winner 2) Ben gives a production demo

WESU All Staff Meeting Notes

Studio etiquette/default Reminders

  • Late night please turn down studio monitors and head phones.
  • Do not let hp cords hit the floor. They are long and get caught in wheels, tripped over and eventually within 1 year broken. We go through 5-10 of these per year.
  • Be aware, mindful and friendly with all others working at WESU. Big diverse groups that work well together let’s keep it that way by not stepping on each other’s toes.
  • Be mindful especially of the person who is on air
  • No FSRN  at 6pm, for now Feature Story news in its place.

Training – Tips and Tricks (Eliza)
- Annual T&T is coming up. Nov. 17th @ 5pm in PAC001
- Looking for DJs for that panel
- Email eliza—personnel@wesufm.org, an email is coming
- Look out for those interns!—remember only two at once, the studio experience is key!

Calendar update
- Be mindful of the 1/3/5 and 2/4 schedules

Announce Hard Nips  (Izzy, where when, staffing, public status? Promos?)
- Please play the Promo
- Nov 16th @ Eclectic: Hard Nips and open to the Public/Free

CMJ Report from MDs? (Just a quick word would be awesome)
- David Whitney, Reta and Ethan all went to the MusicMarathon
- Working on the Recap for the blog, look out for that

December meeting date change! To Dec 8 - same place and time
pivotal meeting, please come!
let us know, students especially, if you can’t come

Open House went great – Thanks to Rob and Red and Black for the dangerous cookie and hot beverage station. Was well attended by alumni, wes faculty, and current and prospective staff family! We even sold some merchandise!

Record Fair – Success! Congrats and thanks to Izzy, and the volunteer staff with special props to Nina Gurak, and Lee Berman for the ridiculous amount of work they both put in!

Twitter – Danielle 2 feeds:  schedule and general… more info?
- should be ready for the pledge drive

Spring elections for Public Affairs and Personnel next meeting 12/8
Email the board, let us know if you want to run!

Pledge drive - As a result of the Wesleyan academic calendar and success of our spring pledge drive we are changing the way we conduct our Fall Winter Pledge drive at WESU.

Make sure you do your due diligence when it comes to finding replacements for your show. With the board and potential fill-ins.

MYRP openingsI Needs some love, email personnel@wesufm.org if you are interested in becoming a part of this unique thing we do.

Any other station questions comments concerns before we get into Pledge drive and 75th anniversary plans?

CC says good job

Cosmic updates and we are working on studio B

More from Ben on Pledge Drive:

Basically we got rid of the one week heavy handed traditional drive in favor of a longer, less frantic, and more strategic approach, that we ease into in November, continuing into December (if need be).

We are calling this our “Kinder gentler” approach to fundraising, in contrast to the typical strong handed tactic of the condensed one week telethon model we have used since we started a new model last spring. **Please do not use the term “silent pledge drive” we toyed with last spring**

Despite the inherent risk, that drive was out most successful fundraising effort yet. This isn’t to say we cannot or shouldn’t solicit pledges over the air. Please do! We encourage you to get the pledges by any means necessary.  We’ve even added some incentives to encourage you to be successful.

This year, if you raise: $100 - you get a WESU T-Shirt, If you raise $200 -you get a Hoody and…  
The person/show who raise the most donations
 will get a combo pack and another special prize, TBA.

**Make sure you advise all of your donors to include your name/show name in the appropriate field when making a donation!

New online donation system is up and running (As of this week): most of you probably didn’t notice but we had no live donation link over the summer. This is more streamlined and is more like a shopping cart than a form/survey we have used in the past. ACTEVA IS A BAD BAD COMPANY !!! STAY AWAY

The campaign begins with a mass mailing going out this week to nearly 700 past donors. To be followed up by:

  • Recorded Promotions: We are getting rid of the majority of old promos and are working on a whole new batch that clearly conveys the new approach.  The board has already created a new batch that should be available this week. Hanna can provide details on when and where you can find them?  For now we ask that you play at least one of them during each hour of your program.  As we continue we will increase frequency with a goal of unrolling a new batch of promos throughout the campaign rather than all at once to be repeated throughout the effort.
  • Social networking will continue to be an important way for us to connect with our listeners and will be utilized through duration of campaign for updates and special incentives.
  • Email campaign to past donors, guests, ad ticket winners – thanks to Ian Work Study
  • Your own creative efforts, including on and off air approaches.  We will have packets available at our December meeting similar to our spring drive.  These will have some form of a station update, pledge pitch, and include pledge forms for you to put in the hands of the friends, family and other people in your community who value your experience at WESU.  This was very successful last spring!
  • WE NEED MATCHING DONORS!! They make a huge difference. Employers, family businesses, and family trusts or just deep pockets… Please look into this. Last year we got donations from Pfizer, Philips, and some generous family members and alumni, to the tune of $500 to $2,250 (when an alumni parent said they would cover half of the remaining $4,500 during the last week.  

Our goal this Fall will be to Raise $13,000 (last fall we aimed for $10K and got $12K). I am hopeful and think it is possible that the return will be more like our Spring success of $15K!

Questions ? Concerns comments?

Back to Mary

75th Anniversary

  • Committee Meeting to follow this one. Please join us. We have met once and have some great ideas for our campaign to celebrate the legacy of WESU and give something back to the community.
  • New T-shirt design has been selected and is being refined – reveal later this week?
  • Ben will provide an overall update on where things are currently at.

    Over to Ben – or Mary, if you want to handle this or part of it:

We are still honing in on our branding but so far, the ambitious campaign includes live events, public exhibits and displays. This is in addition to our own promotions, new 75th anniversary gear for sale, and on air coverage.

I encourage each of you to consider how you can join us in this effort.  I myself am working on a program concept, featuring people, bands, and occurrences from WESU’s past.  Ideally this could create content for our film project. More on that later…

In addition to all of this WESU will commemorate this milestone by giving back to the community by using airtime to spotlight nonprofit and community organizations in our listening area throughout the entire year.

Hopefully all of this will result in strengthening our community connections, provide some great public relations opportunities for us, and help us develop stronger community support.

This campaign will last throughout the entire calendar year, which is quickly approaching.  Setting a goal of raising an additional $25-$30K to upgrade our studios and kick off a film project about the history of WESU.  Studio upgrades: New Mixing consoles for the studios ($14K), backup power ($11K).

Events: A series of concerts, and other live events at various venues reaching out to the listening communities we serve most directly. Caribbean, Gospel, Folk, Oldies, indie rock, Local artists, hip hop, and EDM.  We should work on events for our public affairs listeners as well. Perhaps some can be coupled with music, film, or other events.

The 75th Anniversary should be fun and rewarding but will require the help of many to pull off.

So far we have a great team. Please feel free to stick around for the 2nd half of the meeting to participate!

Board Notes—10/29/13

Program guides are in!
- We’re folding them.
Hard N*ps etc.
- Security thing remains up in the air, we need $500. Maybe applying with MidWess
- Concert is in two weeks!
- Not a lost cause, but its a little late to promote to listeners
- What audience is the show pulling, what kind of shows are we having
- Are there other non-paid security options
- Down the road building in the cost

Funding (TuneIn, Live Nation/MGMT)
- Outside Funding?
- Past experiences with TuneIn (mixed) but did pay for the security at our shows last year
- LiveNation/Oakdale/MGMT are they trying underwrite or just trying use us
- Ben is bringing this to the board, but… how do we feel about this, tickets are on sale soon so this is a fast turn around, but it could fund our security needs…
Open the Hard Nips to the public or not? 
- Do we need to verify the security issues…
- Go back to Alissa, but talk about wether it is worth it
- Or is it okay to just not open it to the public… and learn for the future
# Board approves Izzy’s hard nips poster
# Board does not approve LiveNation/MGMT ticket give away posts on Facebook/Twitter, tells them to look into underwriting
MYRP (playing out of a box)
- a potentially unauthorized guest was on the show
- the show wasn’t going along great, the show was pretty unprofessional
- it was ZG’s first time on their own
- MYRP needs to be more strict on guest, more strict on rules in general, pedagogy!
- What are the issues:
—Content screening process
——adult approval/clean bin
—disciplinary issue
——ZG, Mary meet with ZG to review the protocol
——Or Eliza can talk with ZG, listen to the show again
——Ben would sit down with ZG and guest and Eliza
- Show did have high points,
Homecoming schedule
11-2pm on Friday
Izzy in charge of food getting with Rob, 11-12
Eliza, 12-1pm
Mary, 1-2pm
Anyone who can, please help clean up!
Krystal
- Beautiful but wrong
- Eliza will email
Recycling policy
- Something to talk about later
- Danielle will spearhead
IBS presentation?
Title: The Rad in Radio*
- Founding Member
- Conference in March, in NYC at hotel Pennsylvania
- Much more homegrown
- Ben thinks we would make a good presenter, because we are cool
- We have a lot to offer, and we should think about giving presentations
- Talk to Ben, soon!
* Not a joke…
Staff meeting agenda
- Spring elections for Public Affairs and Personnel
- Tips and Tricks
- Calendar update
- Reveal the T-Shirt submissions
- Acknowledge Lee and Nina
- Announce Hard Nips
t-shirt
Submitted design is great, will take a look and Virgil will give notes, finalize super soon, before we start pitching
 
CMJ (MDs)
- Blogging soon, was a lot of fun!
- Thanks for going!
- Took its toll on Reta (get better)
December Staff Meeting
December 8th
BMI Reporting
Ethan will do the emailing of the spreadsheets
Pledge Drive starting on Sunday/Monday
Not kicking off—subtly moving into a 1.5 month long drive
Beginning with a mailing next week
promo challenge 
Monday, having promos ready to go
— Board members need promo, look for mary’s script/email/”Kindler gentler”—donate online wesufm.org/pledge, mail in checks to “WESU Radio” to our 45 board st second floor address
Witty Brainstorm for Pledge Drive
Talk to Hanna about making it if you have questions about making your promo
Staff Member incentives for making promos, raising money get rewards!
Pledge Drive Goal: 12,999? 13? 14? 15? 8000K?
Board votes: 13K is the goal this fall
Ron Kuivila
Does not have much to offer 

Board Notes 10/15

Download FSN

WESU Board agenda

New Lock for Board Room and removed key slot for Studio C (now p-safe can’t lock it!)

Rec Fair recap and thanks

– Big props to Izzy YAYYYYYYYY, LB, NG and the rest of our volunteers.

-Down nearly $300, 150 why?

- Perhaps parking, promotions?

- look ahead for sporting conflicts

- thank you to Nina

 

Hard Nipps?

Dannielle will get a poster coming, actually Izzy will, function over form

Security???

- Alisa says how long is it

-  Nov. 16th 10-2am, for security we will ask

Fall Break Programming – students leaving campus are required to get coverage (Hannah)

 

WSHU program changes coming: Switching to “edgier afternoon show” in response to concerns about repeating hour of programming. This helps us offer different programming from WNPR – A good thing. Keeping Sci Friday. (Daniel)

- Here & Now not Hear & Now, will show on program guide once its made

 

Training? (Eliza and Hannah updates)

- Props to Eliza

- Going well—good attendance, 15 on Thursday, 35 on Sunday

- Will catch people up

- Creating a checklist for interning on shows

 

Personnel

- Emailing people who missed the meeting

- MK did service hours needs to record extra show still

- KB missed her show, was very apologetic, board vote an extra service hour

- Video Mixtape, hadn’t heard back, missed her show, no coverage was found

- Daniel Pope, board member, missed his show. Can’t understand calendars. Feels bad. The board issues a stern warning through Hannah

 

Board meeting next week?

- Virgil will finish program guide during next weeks board meeting

 

Ben M out tomorrow for root canal and at Broadcasters event on Thursday

 

Pledge drive – if we are going for November we need to start working on our promos/t-Shirt design – haven’t yet used 80’s design…  mailing list… and email list

Program guide?  What’s up? (Virgil)

pledge drive/fundraising  committee: for Fall/Winter pledge drive – gotta get on this if we are to start in November!!

- Meeting on 10/23 4:16pm of Mary and Ben to talk about the pledge drive everyone is invited

- EVERY board member must make promos for a competition

Budget:   VT
A) The Google Doc needs to be updated to reflect what was proposed to SBC via their new budget request form.
B) In order to start spending, BM would like a spreadsheet to keep track of expenses. Perhaps even the SBC request form (output) would be sufficient.

Other Updates:

-Need Stream Rewind promo

-removing old shows on website (Nate)

T-shirt design due next friday and a 75th logo as well, focusing on the fall design
Announce open board positions for the spring
Work on our promos for shows and pledge drive

Board Notes 10/1 (belated)

 

— • < WESU • FM > • —

— • < Board • Minutes > • —

— • < 10•01•13 > • —

75th Anniversary Taskforce today at 6:15!

 

college radio day (Mary)  it’s today. Oh well, it’s always college radio day here at WESU! They wanted us to stream “mysterious artist” they only announced today

— never mind, didn’t happen, oh well: “who are they?”

 

Training (Eliza)- Schedule? Email about Sunday? Wesleying post? Who is leading (did Eliza email staff?)

— Eliza needs help on Sundays and Thursdays, will email all staff

— Hannah is doing sundays, but still need helper teachers

— Perhaps earlier testing dates

— Check with Eliza for the final details

— Ending with Tips n Trick on the 11/17th—following will be a written test

— Pope will make a Wesleying post

 

Promos (Hanna)– we still need them!

—  Promos have gone missing! BM will help find them

—  People are coming in

—  Board members should be doing it

—  Sunday meeting we will sternly/push for more promos—a directive!

—  Forward PSAs to Hanna

Budget  - update from (Virgil) (he met with SBC yesterday)

—  Money came in! Fully Funded!

Program – Virgil is working on program guide

—  Coming soon, will be sent out with

Disciplinary follow-ups (Eliza) [[MK]]

—  Not really responding, we are looking for some feed back

—  What is her punishment? Suspension?

—  Removal from program?

—  What is her peace offering, coming here and saying sorry and doing service hours?

—  Eliza will go face-to-face

— JB just put on automation, see below for details on coverage

— no response

— but it is and isn’t just his problem

— CM will be looking if she does her task

 

Promotions (Danielle): Twitter action?

—Two responses so far

 

Fall Events? (Izzy) Hard Nips? Where when? Faith opening?

—Hard Nips is coming!

— concert in the dining room of Eclectic is a possibility

— Faith Harding opening

— Community members?

— Talk to Cathy about this, Center for Community Partnerships

— MidWes?

— Mary) WESU coprogram for Earth House show with Earth House show Oct. 23

— Will look into this… Izzy will

— Story telling in the spring izzy rode

 

Record Fair? (Izzy)  Needs? Staffing – DJ schedule? ben m has scheduled a sound tech.

— Staffing is going well, filling spots this Sunday

— Wesleyan flyering happening soon

— Wesleying post happening soon

— SALD funding next week…

 

Homecoming/open house?

— No cupcakes, talking to Rob soon

 

CMJ (Ethan/Reta)

— Waiting on confirmation of David Whitney (3rd delegate), sending emails—no responses yet

— Email about badges, will be forwarded

CT Humanities: (Ben)

— Was invited over!

— Went well, reaching about ‘cause we’re neighbors

— Interest in the history of CT

— Involved:

— become underwriters to promote local happenings they produce

— perhaps create today in CT history type of content

— even  fund us getting access to some other programs not available in the area

— (writers almanac, for example).

— Gwrant Money! super awesome, they seem great

FCC license renewal process (Ben)– in process BM can offer insight
— New licensure cycle, its a 7 year cycle
— our legal council is on it, but we have been running the announcements
— its pretty chill so far no snags

absence/automation policy – clear up in code for training manual

— Hanna will post staff list

— Eliza has an updated list on google drive

— Really exchange contact with your show neighbors

— First move is to contact these people

— Emphasize this in training, that automation is not a replacement

— Emphasize recording evergreen shows, not great but it is a better last resort

— Maybe establish how many absences is okay, a threshold?

— With or without a sub

— OR With or without proper procedure

— Or a mandatory minimum attendance? 50 % 70% 90% 100%

— We will keep working on this.

 

@wesu emails / @gmail (Nate) where are we at with this?

— working on it

 

Bumper CD/playlist? (Ben) New idea – to play between shows  as buffer and promotional tool – would help with promotions for rec fair, special events, underwriting announcements, etc…

— not a new idea in radio, but would really help us out

— transition playlist—but more formal!

— more orchestrated transistions

— help us promote better and make better transitions

— something to think about

—  really easy to make it a cd and a playlist for both use cases

— step towards automated shows between breaks

— increasing automation use

 

Note to staff on alternating schedule…(Ben) Necessary??

Sunday staff meeting (Mary)

        — any announcements people want to make?

— no ben m, many family responsibilities