WESU Board Meeting — 11/15/16
- Fixing the manual outside the studio, working to make it more concise
- Everyone sign up for practical times!
- Ben M sent an email out about how to do a practical exam, there are also instructions in the folder
- Lots of frantic service hour requests–respond to them please!
- People going to MD service hours most of all!
- Made the poster for La Boca–will print out so people can start postering
- Press release written for La Boca and about to get sent out
- Haven’t gotten to WesCard people yet
- Hoping to sell T-shirts on Friday 11-1pm–Ben G will try to reserve the table
- 30 tickets sold so far–no board members! Board members, buy tickets
- Maybe offering it at the staff meeting to see if people can just hand you $25
- Less student involvement but hoping to reach the community even more
- Email needs to go out notifying the public
- Another review that’s about to go up on the blog!
- Made an announcement at the town hall but no one has reached out yet
- Make an announcement at the staff meeting as well
- Let’s figure out a time to meet and start producing
- ¾ of the way through the pledge drive! Almost there
- Made a new promo promo to go out there–can anyone make any new promos? Babe will make one–everyone be cognizant of this
- It’s #givingtuesday! We should have figured out matching donations earlier–how did Ben M find out? How can we find out about this earlier next time?
Sexual Harassment Policy/Training:
- What is the timeline for this? Should we meet with CL?
- We can change one section in our draft for the end of the semester–will do this before next week
- When do we want this training to be?
- Should it be a one-time thing or multiple offerings? Maybe a one-time thing but do it in training in the future
- Should a non-student do the training? Many people leaning towards non-student. We will talk to Debbie about if she or Alysha would be able to do it
- Doing it February meeting
- B covering shows in December? No, the board says must wait till next season
- Looking for a paid producer, looking for sponsorship?
- It would be great to have shows with higher production values and support our staff but also we don’t want to compromise our status as a free-form radio station–we also can’t really spend money on just one show
- What about MO’s show? That show is not underwritten but is part of that show’s community outreach. Could be a good model for CS to pursue
- There are other great shows that sound very professional as well–we can provide resources within the organization
- Becomes a difficult precedent when people sponsor their shows individually
- We want to go to her with suggestions–so what other ways can we help her achieve her goals?
- Encourage her to meet with other staff members (we could facilitate those interactions–provide her with these resources)
- Middlesex Community College has a communications program–maybe she could reach out to interns at that organization?
- Encourage her to help her own production skills–find an audio production skills!
- Could we find a resource like Lynda to provide the staff with? Students have free access–we could look into a separate possibility
- Providing a potential Audition workshop?