Board Meeting — 10/11/16

WESU Board Meeting — 10/11/16

Renaissance Fair:

— Totally going this Saturday. Let’s find cars

— Must find a theme for us to dress up as

Record fair:

— Successful! So many thanks to Wyatt!

— Would be good to have more staff involvement

— Diverse representations of DJs, perhaps non-WESU? DJ Battle? Campus band? Let us pursue that for next semester

— More gimmicks all the time!

Board meeting time:

— Keeping it Tuesdays at 5pm


— Send Lara the pledge promos!

— Abby, Babe, Helly

— Swap promos out every 10-12 days

Pledge drive:

— Julia, send trainees his way

— We have already raised over $3500 going into the drive

— Ways to get people more involved in the pledge drive?

— Goal-setting spreadsheet could be helpful. Ben G. will make this

— Tabling in Usdan with T-shirts–way to double check the color of the shirts before they are printed?

— Concert or on-campus event? Could it be a partnership or closed-campus event–targeting students specifically. Beth will get started on this!

— Looking into putting money into WesCards: Beth

— Lara starting to name things at the station

— What about an open house? What about parents weekend? Yes, let us have that! We don’t need a ton of food on that. Can we get on the brochure? On Saturday of parent weekend. Beth is emailing

Ben’s notes:

-BM updated online pledge system with new items  and got a very brief web post up.
-BM also finalized T-shirt Graphic.
-BM will get Tally’s going on website and FB page.
-BM is working on getting pledge letter and mailing together
-Let’s make a google spreadsheet for pledge goal setting? It could be set to have a running tally so that every goal entered will be reflected in the remaining balance. This would help  DJs A) actually come up with a goal and B) see how the potential impact of that goal towards our total $20K goal.
What are other folks doing to help make the pledge drive a success? Board pledge goal? Pledge tally contest?


— Updated staff list


— Working on budget–if anyone has anything we think we should have, let Ben G know!

Sexual harassment policy:

— Zazie and I talked to Debbie

— Training with harassment one-pager to lay out expectations (using Wesleyan policy as a background)

— Training for Nov/Dec staff meetings–moving forward with this

— For B, must talk to Debbie before returning–anything else he would need to do? WIll vote on this next week


— Press release should be written for the pledge drive!

December 7th fundraising Dinner at Laboca:

– Great work, Bryan! For payment, can we just ask folks to send checks and or use our current online system. We can instruct them to enter “Laboca” in the other gift section of our online pledge form. Not sure what other options will be possible within university finance system.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *