– Record Fair Kudos – Thanks to all, special shouts to Arianna and Ben! $1,500 for WESU. Better turnout all around! Great PR and volunteer support. – room for growth, perhaps incorporate a performance element in one of the downstairs spaces? Live mellow performances per previous suggestion? IF we did it downstairs, it might help us encourage people to explore all the rooms and bring in more patrons.
– Google Calendar reservation instructions? Can mount system as soon as instructions are ready and tested. Abby will finish them this week.
– Pledge Drive – BM still working on his pledge letter, Tess and Ethan H. finishing are up md label packet element. Envelopes and program guides are prepped. Artwork has been send to Sandbox, awaiting proofs to finalize colors. We need to finalize a Hat color, too – Vote: navy hat with white lettering, passed.
– Sat Night at WESU – incident, midnight -3am — Ben M will issue a warning here.
– Need a policy/protocol for Staff email list etiquette. i.e.: What content is acceptable to post? (WESU news, coverage requests – and confirmations, and opportunities for WESU DJs) What is discouraged–non WESU Solicitations, conversations about pretty much anything, frivolous chatter. Why is this important? Because the more non-essential emails people get on our lists, the less likely staff are to read EVERY email.
– Also need a policy/protocol for youth at WESU – This stems from an incident over the weekend. On that note: We also need a permission / emergency contact sheet for MYRP and other young participants. Can we come up with a policy that says no kids at WESU past 10pm? No minors, in general, at WESU without an adult. Why? What if a kid were to get hurt? Or what if we fed a kid something they were allergic to? What if a strobe in the studio set off an epileptic seizure? To be implemented asap.
– Do we need a pet policy? There is at least one person bringing a dog to their show? Not about the owner or dog. What about other guests and staff who are truly afraid of dogs. Perhaps, unless an animal is a registered service animal, no animals are allowed. Voted — check.
– Reunion Commencement – need to figure out the details (when) and get listed in the directory. Ben G. will email alumni/communications office about this.
– WesFest – is this week. Ben G. will coordinate efforts both up the hill and down at the station open house.
– Sylvia Ryerson event: Next Monday – We should setup a table with program guides, a signup sheet, and WESU banners – Who will be there to represent WESU? Rising seniors have housing selection during this time, so can some current seniors do so? Ethan H. can, who else can help him?
– Need to figure out how to facilitate Studio access for AMST 355 Class to complete Final projects.Prof JKK wants some direction so we can find times that work for people to be around to assist Google calendar reservation system will be critical for this. Ethan H. will email JKK following up with this, offering our 4-6 board hours and asking for sign up slots to be set up, so that someone will definitely be there for them.
– Program – Time to map out end of semester. End of Spring / signups / Metal on Wednesdays – Now, Sean is gone. Perhaps run MRRR in that spot? – Matt is down to do some prerecording, too. Can someone help him with that? He has free time on Wed, thurs, and Fridays after 4:30pm, to prerecord. Hannah will figure this out in the coming week and update us next mtg.
– Creation of a WESU Staff FB page has been requested as a closed group to help facilitate in house communications. – bumped to next week discussion.
– 2016-2017 Board of Directors – need to start mapping this out. Hopefully, everyone on board is interested in continuing. The station really benefits from continuity. Are there any conflicts among board members? Can we work out a slate that includes all board members who want to return? Contested spots are good and healthy as well. Running for 2 positions can help prospects have a backup position but that can also backfire. – also bumped to next week.
– Operator’s manual…TBD.
– Production – need pledge drive promos ready for next week (by board mems). Do we have a promo for the Sylvia Meyerson event? Will also need a promo for feet to the fire (May 7th)? Lara — check.