Board Notes 1/30/18
- Organizational things
- Board hours:
- Monday: Ruth/Helly/Cormac
- Tuesday: Xandra/Dillon
- Wednesday: Babe/Beth/Jake
- Thursday: Will/Babe
- Friday: Luke/Meg
- Weekly board meeting
- The Board is a resource for everyone! Email us and show up to board hours
- Staff meeting coming up
- Career center event
- 2/16 at 12:15 (1 hr long)
- Two reps from two different very cool companies (NPR and Panoply) are skyping in!
- Good opportunity to network and get involved
- Board hours:
- Improved approach to training:
- Avoid the overload of new trainees / make it balanced and efficient
- Keeping up projects from last semester
- MDs: music directors blog, digital updates
- Cormac: Website? App?
- Xandra: Let’s finish the PA standard
- Sponsoring concerts
- Pitching a new band coming — potentially a WESU show
- Zine? WN@WESU
- Need to churn this out with more regularity if we’re going to be doing it
- As a student board we have a big chance to get involved with the student community
- Record Fair!
- No venue yet!!!
- New program
- How can we make a fair balance of shows during our new programs?
- How can we facilitate a smoother transition between programs?
- How can we make sure that people’s shows are maintaining our free form ideology?
- Updates and points from Meg:
- Pie chart of distribution of student/volunteer shows: 32% students and the rest CVs
- Program process needs to start sooner
- New projects
- Podcasts! Time to start compiling resources so we can move forward with encouraging DJs to turn their shows into recorded content outside the confines of streamrewind. Compile a list of semi-experienced DJs willing to help?
- a FULL/COMPLETE updated staff list + cleaned up personnel
- …okay hear me out on this but a WESU dance party on campus…student DJs and the live DJs…..on campus/student hype
- Staff meeting structure
- Music archiving event (with Jocelyn)? — get funding by SBC?
- New Spinitron schedule
- New Streamrewind schedule
- Scheduling meeting with Kofi (Wesleyan Consulting Group) for website development discussion
- Pledge drive video?
- Quick shots of students, CVs, alumni, donors asking for pledge?
- Release in April on Facebook to get the drive going?
- More visual stuff in general
- Show promos…email staff next week
- Assisting with pre-recorded/uploaded shows
- Updating exam
- Help with podcasts
- Adding a technical aspect to training
- Start training later!
- DJ name + name
- Full staff meeting
- Organize training sheets