Board Notes 9/26
- Sexual Harassment policy is set
- focus on community members
- Caliber of Acts — we don’t want more than 3 or so
- We gotta talk to Ben
- Look at the sheet and see what times you might be able to help!
- Tech: the streamrewind calendar needs to be updated — Getting a couple complaints/there are empty spots right now
- Training starts Thursday!
- Emailed DJs asking to host
- No Amanda Palmer :/
- Guidelines/Policy for Public Affairs shows
- Thorny “free speech” argument
- Way to structure what we’re looking for in this particular arena
- Make a google doc for people to throw ideas in — make something formal after the record fair/fundraiser
- Board hours change
- Queen of Jeans: Female led rock band
- Asking for 1-2thousand but less if we can’t afford it
- Do we want in on this? YES!
- Record fair
- Coming up in a week and a half!!!!
- All DJs lined up to spin during the event
- have a good number of volunteers for set up / break down, sent out another email to try to get more
- Flyers finished, time to start putting them up around campus / main street!!
- Still need promos for the event – either board or staff members
- more posts on facebook leading up to event, do we have ads lined up for argus / campus media outlets? If not, we should try to get some
- What exactly is the name of this event?? Starting time = 5pm?
- Confirm things I brought up in email I sent for ticket pricing
- 6pm start time
- Ticket pricing
- $25 community, $10 student
- Max # tickets we want to sell
- 100 student, 100 community (can adjust numbers flexibly)
- # of reserved tickets for board / staff members, special guests, etc (?)
- Door sales?
- Need volunteers to take tickets at the door
- NEED a smartkey for ticket income -> no idea what this is, hellllllllp
- 10-12 acts
- Fixing streamrewind calendar
- Going to send email out to wesu_staff requesting them to sign up for spinitron, streamrewind
- Show Promos
- Going to send out some encouraging emails
- Record Fair Promos
- Made a few!
- Sending out an email to encourage people to make their own/get the word out
- Promo as service hour
- Clearing old promos
- Make a folder with specific ones to use