WESU Board Meeting — 11/01/16
- Was awesome! We raised over $300. Great success, thank you Beth + Wyatt for all the organizing!
- Should we make more permanent labels for the objects around the station? Zazie is on it
- Mailing all went out on Thursday night and we are starting to get more money coming in
- Tabling in Usdan with shirts next week–Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday. Wyatt will make a spreadsheet for that (Beth will check out WesCard stuff too)
- Do we want a newsletter every week to send out board emails and reduce the number we send out?
- This Sunday!
- Bringing up pledge drive goals + harassment policy updates
- We have a serious staff meeting attendance problem–should send out a staff email to people (Julia)
- Things are going well–still looking for people for Tips & Tricks. Looks like Abby, Babe, and Bryan could help out
- Sexual harassment policy went well at training, most people were pretty receptive to this
- Written exam given November 13th–will draft some questions for that
- Listserv is all updated now
- Maybe people’s emails have started going to spam?
- Spinitron calendar still isn’t looking quite right–but Babe says he went through and updated it all–he will check again
- No update on the app
- Someone in training is revamping the WESU website on Friday morning–avoid posts on Friday morning
Music New Releases:
- Finding a list for exemptions
- Checking on this could be a service hour activity
- Announce this to the staff again
Radio Free America:
- Potentially a free alternative to StreamRewind–looking into this
- Wyatt and Ben G will work on this soon
- In the midst of writing the press release–might hold off on writing it
- Ben G and Abby will also write a follow-up email
- Reaching out to different music groups on campus? Beth will think about reaching out to other groups for pledge drive
- Press release for the fundraising dinner needed
- Promo made by Lara
- Not enough tickets sold yet–promotion through press release by Beth!
- We could poster around Middletown–Beth can make this and take care of it
- Bryan will reach out to the CFA about putting images up on the monitors
- Ticket giveaways don’t seem to be getting much interest–bring this up at the staff meeting to see if there’s interest
- Looking into music exemptions but it isn’t on the continuing shows thing–we can fix this for next semester’s application
- Budget approved! More buttons!
- It’s Helly’s birthday! Happy birthday!
- More people are interested in helping out and joining
- Blog has been updated yay!