(Howard Williams, pictured on left)
On this episode of Welcome Back,Howard Williams of Weselyan’s class of 1948 talks about his experience with WES AM, the predecessor to WESU.
He talks about inheriting the station by chance, developing student interest and a management structure, popular programming of the day, and a surprising relationship to broadcast pioneer and CT native Franklin Malcolm Doolittle. And you won’t want to miss his epilogue, which I think is particularly poignant and moving.
There’s even a bonus track wherein Howard shares some hilarious insight on Middletown origins of “Russia’s inferiority complex with the US”.
- Doo Wop, Thanks!
- WESU 75th Anniversary Doo Wop Extravaganza with Jay Siegel’s Tokens and The Super Girl Group
- Welcome Back, Howard Williams ’48!!
- 75 years of… Poetry!
- Historical Row, Wesleyan Magazine spotlights earliest days of WESU
- Welcome Back, Laurenellen McCann!
- Meet our “Arch” Engineer
- 75th Anniversary Programming Updates – February Already?!!
- 75th Anniversary Celebration Programming Updates
- Contribute to WESU’s 75th Anniversary Programming with “75 Years Of…”