Board Notes 2/13

**Welcome Chaim!!!**

  • Show proposal: Brute Force
    • Would work well with indie pop bands but could also potentially be its own thing
    • Payment/Fee: anything btw. Travel expenses and $500?

 

Babe:

  • Dillon and I met with SALD — Exley? (More on this from Dillon/Ben)
  • Have gotten a few responses on podcasts
  • Let’s delegate sections of the manual, or at least areas of training, for people to think about distilling into a few core questions
  • Rewriting the test

 

Beth:

  • Social media blitz has begun for the Career Center event
    • Not open to the public (through the career center) — make this clear on the Facebook event page!
  • Going to the SBC to look for $ for potential event: Music Archivist visit!
  • 1-on-1 meetings!
    • Establish long and short-term goals
    • Next year: Let us know if you are thinking about running next year or might not be here

 

Jake:

  • Kicking off event PR
  • Record fair flyer

 

Luke

  • Recorded more footage for video
  • Helped new DJs to make promos
  • Figure out what week of training to come talk to trainees
  • Reach out to DJs with changed timeslots to change promos
  • Refugee project event promo
  • Questions for training/written test

 

Helly:

  • Planning on reaching out to new labels

 

Will:

  • Staff list is up!
    • Potentially some members on there who no longer work at the station
  • Training days in mind:
    • Thursdays/Sundays at 6 (march 1st start)
    • Email sent out to staff
  • Information session?

 

Xandra:

  • New format for public file
    • Helpful because it allows us to see what we are and aren’t playing topicwise (syndicated shows)
    • Won’t save to the google drive but emailed to the board
  • Wesleyan Refugee Project promo? Referred to Luke
    • We are, in fact, allowed to do this!
    • We are a great resource for raising awareness for groups/issues

 

Dillon:

  • Record Fair Tango!
    • We spoke to Shelissa at SALD, who pitched to us a few locations. Most promising: EXLEY
      • We can book the lobby and both patios
      • We need to be able to fit ~30 tables — only possible if we dominate virtually the entire floor from Pi to SciLi
      • Luckily there is a freight elevator and loading dock
      • Would take a lot of hard work to finesse
      • We can get rid of the initial 5-dollar fee

 

Meg

  • Program will end on May 13th, followed by a week of signups for finals
  • Summer program begins on the 21st
  • Program director guidelines almost done, will be shared when completed
  • Do MDs have access to who is playing 5 new releases?
    • Yes — we should send emails

 

Ruth

  • MD Blog is updated every Monday

 

Ben

  • Emails regarding content concerns from listeners/staff members deserve responses
  • Met with Clifford Watson, new Community Partnerships director (Ben’s boss)
    • Wants to be an active partner with WESU
    • Transition to a new credit card processor for pledge drives?
    • Larger scale things, as well — he will be advocating for us at the University
    • Board Members PAYED!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!???!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!!
      • 1-3 hours a week for 3 positions — worth considering
        • Instead of choosing positions, might make more sense to give to work study students
          • Money divided depending on how many WS students on board
          • Would be a good incentive for fresh faces/involvement
  • University Subsidization is growing to $60,000!
    • Basically covers the transmitter
  • Jimmy Z connected us with someone who works with soundproofing materials
  • Green Street-donated materials coming tomorrow

Board Notes 2/6/18

Welcome, Al!  🙂 🙂

 

Beth/Babe (feel better Beth!):

  • Let’s try and establish definitive long and short-term goals
    • Long Term:
    • Short Term:
  • Perhaps consider separate board meetings dedicated to separately working on different things like Training, Program, etc.

 

Will:

  • Staff list update in progress
    • Phone numbers and DJ names very helpful in putting the list together
  • Training meeting soon — likely to be much smaller
  • There is a chance we end up putting a cap on CV applications in future seasons

 

Jake:

  • Another round of Facebook posts promoting shows?
    • Not a lot of people reached out last time and 3 people already have access to the account
    • Still, not a lot of cons in keeping the Facebook account as active as possible

 

Xandra:

  • Public Affairs standards are in the google drive if anyone would like to take a look
    • Length? Templates to look at? Ideas welcome
    • New FCC PA format — going to take time to learn
      • New standards have to be posted on our website

 

Cormac:

  • Spinitron/Streamrewind maintenance

 

Luke:

  • Promos from new DJs
    • Ideally during board hours but not particularly convenient
    • Meeting with a few DJs during the week
  • Pledge video in progress

 

Dillon:

  • Record Fair!
    • Ensuring SALD can cover the setup fee for new location — talking to them tomorrow
    • Perhaps get a band to play to beef up student attendance?
    • Red and Black has offered us a special 20% discount for patrons!
  • Putting out feelers for event ideas
    • Chaim has some of his own!
      • Pitched an author event at RJ Julia — can we cosponsor it?

 

Meg

  • Contact sheet in studio?
    • People can correct the current version if we put it up now

 

Helly/Ruth

  • New vinyl!
  • New digital music uploaded to the computer in Studio A
  • Blog updated!
  • Good to catch up with promoters 🙂

 

Ben

  • Newsletter idea — sending out board minutes?

 

TRAINING:

  • Written test was controversial in content and helpfulness
    • This semester? Next semester?
  • Training Size: will be more manageable this semester but a smaller number of people forces us to be less boring/regulate attention more
    • Mini test questions based on the reading?
      • Once the test is revamped we might work backwards and cover different portions of it
    • Cap on training attendance? First come first served?
  • Checklist for trainees and DJs for what is expected as far as education, practically (taking readings during shows, etc.)
  • Adding a requisite meeting with a board member to talk about their show before they apply?
    • Tack on to practical?
  • Mandatory co-hosting during first semester?
  • Partners during training? Student/CV pairs?
  • Deadline to have solidified changes: nonexistent
  • Gaspipe Networks/Dar Williams book: resources with references to WESU/brown radio history

Staff Meeting Notes 2/4

Beth/President:

  • Board Hours: Wednesday 4-6
  • Newsletter after staff meetings coming soon
  • Career Center event
    • Skype-in with 2 Wesleyan Alum from NPR and Panoply Media that we are cosponsoring
    • Feb 16, 12:15pm
  • Transmitter
  • Improved Approach to Training
    • Many new trainees in the fall, fewer in the spring
    • How can we ensure that (new) staff is conforming to our free form ideology?
    • Board hours are a great resource for developing answers to these questions together
  • Board meetings are tuesdays at 5 if you would like to join us
  • Improved Public Affairs Standard
  • New Program/Staff Inflation Accomodations

 

Helly/Ruth/Music:

  • Board Hours: 4-6pm Mondays
  • New Music will be on the shelf tomorrow by 5
  • WE’ve been looking at increasing our digital music library
    • Folder on the desktop in Studio A with new digital acquisitions labeled “new music from MDs”
  • MD blog update coming Monday — top 5 albums sent in this week
    • Helps with charting and access

 

Will/Personnel:

  • Board Hours: 4-6 Thursday
  • Ways to make training more efficient overall
    • Added technical support
  • Updating staff list (this is why we want your phone numbers — in case of emergency if there is no DJ in the station after you and you can’t recognize them due to their strange DJ name)

 

Babe/VP:

 

Meg/Program:

  • Friday 4-6
  • New Spring program!!! Thank you for helping with the transition
    • Designed by Ella!
  • Being sent out to printers tomorrow
  • Would love to have DJs talk at staff meetings — 2 minute rundown of their show so we can get to know our community a little better
    • 1 CV, 1 student per meeting ideally
  • Call into shows!
  • Main project this season: Looking for a better way to integrate new shows into the program
    • Twice the amt. Of new student DJs going into half that time
    • Podcasting initiative
    • Waitlist for Djs in Training?
    • Come to the boardroom or send emails if you’d like to further talk about ideas and concerns

 

Cormac/Tech:

  • Board Hours: Monday 4-6
  • Been working on the Spinitron and Streamrewind schedules
  • Ongoing talks with the Wesleyan Consulting Group re: improving our website
    • Would be a free service because the grp. Is student-run

 

Xandra/Public Affairs:

  • Board Hours: Tuesday (3 or) 4-6
  • Great Public Affairs shows coming out of the station but no real infrastructure in place to ensure guidelines/standards for them

 

Jake/PR:

  • Board Hours: Wednesday 4-6
  • A few events coming up, promotion to come as well

 

Dillon/Events:

  • Board Hours: Wednesday 4-6
  • Spring Record Fair!
    • Some uncertainty re: the venue — Beckham is likely unavailable this year
  • Keep an eye out for emails about upcoming events — great way to fulfill service hour requirements
  • If anyone has ideas for new events, email! wesuevents@gmail.com

 

Luke/Production:

  • Board Hours: Friday 4-6
  • Thank you everyone for working so hard on the pledge drive! We raised more money than usual for the transmitter through phone banks, etc.
  • Upcoming pledge drive video?

 

Jack/Community Liaison:

  • Board Hours: Monday 730-930
  • Away on business for three weeks starting this week — Jim Z. will be covering

 

Ben/GM:

  • New 5000W transmitter soon to be installed! Just waiting on new parts for the installation
  • Exceeded our already-inflated pledge goal — 27 grand!
    • Waiting on reports so everyone can get pledge premiums
    • If you donated and want your premium, you can come get it directly instead of waiting for it in the mail
  • Inherited some equipment (furniture) from Green Street — new chairs and stools!
  • If you use any “advanced” configurations on the board, remember to reset them for everyone else’s use after you are finished
    • White dots next to “Default positions” on each pot
    • Don’t unplug the turntables EVER!
  • Tentative date for the record fair: April 7th
    • Thinking old Broad St. books location for location — meeting with physical plant tomorrow to go over potential restrictions on the space
  • Work Study: You can be payed to work at the station!
  • Programming Decisions dictated by a variety of factors: Meeting attendance, show originality, new/obscure music/content, WEIRD STUFF
    • College radio as a place for content that may not be ~commercially viable~
    • Looking for cooperation in terms of moving forward with programming changes — doesn’t serve anyone’s needs to fight with the board
    • Whittling away at the NPR relationship is a dicey proposition because we run the risk of losing a lot of tech support from WSHU

 

Board Notes 1/30

Board Notes 1/30/18

 

Beth:

 

  • Organizational things

 

      • Board hours:
        • Monday: Ruth/Helly/Cormac
        • Tuesday: Xandra/Dillon
        • Wednesday: Babe/Beth/Jake
        • Thursday: Will/Babe
        • Friday: Luke/Meg
      • Weekly board meeting
        • The Board is a resource for everyone! Email us and show up to board hours
      • Staff meeting coming up
      • Career center event
        • 2/16 at 12:15 (1 hr long)
        • Two reps from two different very cool companies (NPR and Panoply) are skyping in!
          • Good opportunity to network and get involved

 

  • Improved approach to training:

 

    • Avoid the overload of new trainees / make it balanced and efficient

 

  • Keeping up projects from last semester

 

    • MDs: music directors blog, digital updates
    • Cormac: Website? App?
    • Xandra: Let’s finish the PA standard
    • Sponsoring concerts
      • Pitching a new band coming — potentially a WESU show
    • Zine? WN@WESU
      • Need to churn this out with more regularity if we’re going to be doing it
      • As a student board we have a big chance to get involved with the student community
  • Record Fair!
    • No venue yet!!!

 

Babe:

 

  • New program

 

      • How can we make a fair balance of shows during our new programs?
      • How can we facilitate a smoother transition between programs?
      • How can we make sure that people’s shows are maintaining our free form ideology?
      • Updates and points from Meg:
        • Pie chart of distribution of student/volunteer shows: 32% students and the rest CVs
        • Program process needs to start sooner

 

  • New projects

 

    • Podcasts! Time to start compiling resources so we can move forward with encouraging DJs to turn their shows into recorded content outside the confines of streamrewind. Compile a list of semi-experienced DJs willing to help?
    • a FULL/COMPLETE updated staff list + cleaned up personnel
    • …okay hear me out on this but a WESU dance party on campus…student DJs and the live DJs…..on campus/student hype
    • Staff meeting structure
    • Music archiving event (with Jocelyn)? — get funding by SBC?

 

Cormac:

  • New Spinitron schedule
  • New Streamrewind schedule
  • Scheduling meeting with Kofi (Wesleyan Consulting Group) for website development discussion

 

Dillon:

 

Helly:

 

Jake:

 

Luke:

  • Pledge drive video?
    • Quick shots of students, CVs, alumni, donors asking for pledge?
    • Release in April on Facebook to get the drive going?
    • More visual stuff in general
  • Show promos…email staff next week
  • Assisting with pre-recorded/uploaded shows
  • Updating exam
  • Help with podcasts

 

Meg:

 

Ruth:

 

Xandra:

 

Will:

  • Adding a technical aspect to training
  • Start training later!
  • DJ name + name
  • Full staff meeting
  • Organize training sheets

Board Notes 1/30/18

Board Notes 1/30/18

 

Beth:

 

  • Organizational things

 

      • Board hours:
        • Monday: Ruth/Helly/Cormac
        • Tuesday: Xandra/Dillon
        • Wednesday: Babe/Beth/Jake
        • Thursday: Will
        • Friday: Luke/Meg
      • Weekly board meeting
      • Staff meeting coming up
      • Career center event
        • 2/16 at 12:15 (1 hr long)
        • Two reps from two different very cool companies (NPR and Panoply) are skyping in!
          • Good opportunity to network and get involved

 

  • Improved approach to training:

 

    • Avoid the overload of new trainees / make it balanced and efficient

 

  • Keeping up projects from last semester

 

    • MDs: music directors blog, digital updates
    • Cormac: Website? App?
    • Xandra: Let’s finish the PA standard
    • Sponsoring concerts
      • Pitching a new band coming — potentially a WESU show
    • Zine? WN@WESU
      • Need to churn this out with more regularity if we’re going to be doing it
      • As a student board we have a big chance to get involved with the student community
  • Record Fair!
    • No venue yet!!!

 

Babe:

 

  • New program

 

      • How can we make a fair balance of shows during our new programs?
      • How can we facilitate a smoother transition between programs?
      • How can we make sure that people’s shows are maintaining our free form ideology?
      • Updates and points from Meg:
        • Pie chart of distribution of student/volunteer shows: 32% students and the rest CVs
        • Program process needs to start sooner

 

  • New projects

 

    • Podcasts! Time to start compiling resources so we can move forward with encouraging DJs to turn their shows into recorded content outside the confines of streamrewind. Compile a list of semi-experienced DJs willing to help?
    • a FULL/COMPLETE updated staff list + cleaned up personnel
    • …okay hear me out on this but a WESU dance party on campus…student DJs and the live DJs…..on campus/student hype
    • Staff meeting structure
    • Music archiving event (with Jocelyn)? — get funding by SBC?

 

Cormac:

  • New Spinitron schedule
  • New Streamrewind schedule
  • Scheduling meeting with Kofi (Wesleyan Consulting Group) for website development discussion

 

Luke:

  • Pledge drive video?
    • Quick shots of students, CVs, alumni, donors asking for pledge?
    • Release in April on Facebook to get the drive going?
    • More visual stuff in general
  • Show promos…email staff next week
  • Assisting with pre-recorded/uploaded shows
  • Updating exam
  • Help with podcasts

Will:

  • Adding a technical aspect to training
  • Start training later!
  • DJ name + name
  • Full staff meeting
  • Organize training sheets

 

***Dj Name/Real Name list!

 

Board Notes 11/25

Beth

  • Put note on door telling trainees to call board number to be let in
  • Create incentives to improve music shows
  • Discuss:
    • Program Application
    • Test for training
    • Staff meeting structure
  • Sponsor music archiving event w/ Jocelyn Arem (Grammy Award-winning archivist)
  • Soundcloud – if new DJs don’t get a show, then they could make Soundcloud public affairs/talk shows; those could be used for automation

 

Meg

  • Winter programming – first come first serve, then divvy it up
  • New questions for new program application
  • Add new DJs to the listserv for winter signups

 

Cormac

  • Added pledge thermometer to the website
  • Created 5 promos

 

Dillon

  • Spring festival for WESU

 

Luke

  • Manage phone bank with pledge drive
  • Trainees could get service hours manning the phones
    • Community emails then trainee email
    • Moondog matinee

 

Jake

  • Running PR for pledge drive on social networks
  • Mailchimp to alumni, mailchimp regarding transmitter

 

Will

  • Sending emails to trainees w/ practicals
  • Note – only around 15 people showed up to the written test

 

Ruth

  • Officially ~digital~! – folder in studio A with digital music
  • New music director blog post

 

Xandra

  • Emailed WESU DJs regarding soundcloud archival – received a bit of interest in return
  • Still developing public affairs standards
    • Looking for critical thoughts on editorial shows vs. journalistic and source-citing shows

 

Ben

  • Noting discrepancy between training manual and written test – will get specific examples to rectify problem
  • Attempting to line up extra phonebank manners for Saturday for Moondog Matinee – need to recruit trainees or staff members
    • Ultimately DJs need to take ownership for phonebank to get callers
  • Note on spring event – check with Rob DeRosa for bands
  • Order officially in for new transmitter

Board Notes 11/28

Beth

  • Theorizing spring music festival (3 musical acts) ran by WESU
  • Restructure staff meeting so it’s more engaging
    • Maybe a town hall structure after basic updates; people could leave after updates
    • Would happen next semester
  • Be involved with staff-meeting updates
  • Purchasing chairs

 

Luke

  • Pledge drive phone bank
    • Created preliminary schedule for banking
    • Service hours for trainees to police phone banks
    • Will send out email and bring up at staff meeting to request volunteers
  • Board Pledge Drive Promos
  • We should make some sort of notes that detail what worked and what didn’t work for fundraisers in the future
  • Working Promos into part of training in the future
  • Intend to make promo creation a part of training
    • 5 different sessions

 

Jake

  • Posters for Queen of Jeans concert

 

Helly/Ruth

  • New music directors blog post
  • Would like to create folder on server to store digital music downloads

 

Will

  • Created signup sheet for board members to administer the practical test
  • Booking times in Studio A for practical test
  • Tips & Tricks trainee session starts at 4:30pm
    • Xandra and 2 community members will showcase their knowledge
  • Written test at 5:00pm (1 hour before the staff meeting)

WILL REMEMBER TO THINK OF THING WHERE LUKE DOES PROMO HELP FIVE SESSIONS THEY COME TO ONE GOOD IDEA MEG.

 

Cormac

  • Attempting to convert @gmail.com emails to @wesufm.org – requires G-Suite Account
  • Will create folder on server to store digital music downloads

 

Meg

  • Need to change public affairs show standards
  • Evaluating timeslots for community members and students
    • Potentially 2 hour maximum for community member weekend shows?
    • Would prefer weekly shows because it improves show quality
    • Show application form (and shows) should require effort and time
    • Music shows should have curated playlists, not stuff thrown together
    • If you don’t have new music, you should play music off the shelves
    • Board should send feedback about shows (maybe listen during board hours) – one like, one dislike
  • Medium for archiving old shows
  • Potentially podcast creation (discussion for a later date)

 

Xandra

  • Brainstorm public affairs standards at monthly meeting

 

Board Notes 11/14

Board Meeting 11/14

 

Beth

  • Bandcamp article answers sent in
  • T-shirt design finalized

 

Helly and Ruth

  • Going to get the folder setup w/ Ruth
  • Music directors’ blog post this week

 

Luke

  • More fundraiser promos
  • Teaching interns how to use Adobe Audition

 

Cormac

  • Talked w/ BM about revamping website
  • Stamped some envelopes

 

Xandra

  • Listening to more shows — Reasonably Catholic
  • Conversation with Middlebury Radio representative
    • Collaboration? NESCAC Battle of the Bands?
      • Spring Fundraiser idea, potentially

 

Will

  • Sent out reprimanding email to DJs who didn’t attend staff meeting
  • Sent out signup sheet for fundraiser volunteers
    • Newly added stagehand section
  • Dates for the practical and written exams BUT will not be able to be there
    • December 3rd for the Written
    • December 8-10th for Practicals
  • Staff List:
    • Google Group needs some maintenance, as does Streamrewind with regards to personnel

SALD

 

Jake

  • Mailchimp
  • Posters
  • Sound co-op
  • Live stream
  • Facebook promos
  • Earth House Concert
  • Pledge Drive

 

Babe

  • Budget is in! Time to sit down and mete out the money in the correct places

 

Fundraiser

  • Sound Co-op
    • We need to supply our own amps (they do not)
    • Spotlights?
      • Jake emailed about this but no response
    • There are a few other shows on the 18th so we may not be granted any new requests
  • Noah Baerman supplying own drumset
  • Posters have been going up around campus
  • Dillon trying to organize volunteering — only got a few responses on staffwide email
    • People are signing up for 1-hour shifts
      • Do we need more than 10 at a time?
  • If not a livestream at least some mode of recording
    • Will work on our facebook account, but we need to make sure that the camera is compatible with computers/facebook
    • Meg can supply a camera and tripod!
    • Getting a photographer so that we can make a facebook album
  • Cormac has asked the Argus if we can get a discounted ad in the Friday edition
  • Should be pushing Wesleyan community (friends! Fellow DJs!) to come
    • WesAdmits posts

 

Pledge Drive

  • Tshirt design finalized!
    • Ben M. ready to put the graphic into the pledge form
  • Connecticut residents flyers will be sent out tomorrow
  • Ben meeting with ITS and finance folks on thursday re: moving forward with credit card donation process
    • Probably more suitable for next pledge season

Board Notes 11/7

Board Meeting 11/7

 

Beth:

  • Working on Bandcamp questions
  • Attendance at staff meetings!
  • New shirt designs 🙂

 

Ruth:

  • Conversation with a promoter — expressed disappointment that we’re “only physical” because he has a lot of digital material he wants to send us

 

Helly:

  • How to become digital?
    • Install iTunes on the boardroom computer
    • We can just tell them we now accept digital files as well
    • They send digital copies but we don’t yet have a folder for them to go on the MD computer — easy fix
      • Or the Cloud?

Dillon:

  • Fundraiser
    • Service hours for coming?
      • Larger question: Is this unfair?
      • Anyone working a shift should get in for free

 

Jake:

  • Queen of Jeans show for December 2nd is set! Contract went out tonight
    • Need another WESU-affiliated opener — Boogie Night Sweats? GMC?

 

Babe:

  • Budget approved!
    • The only thing we did not receive funding for was the app — received a suggestion from the SBC to ask the Patricelli center for assistance in this realm
    • Also was suggested that we use a wesleyan.edu email for Amazon Prime to get the student discount

 

Will:

  • Scheduling practical and written exams tomorrow during board hours
  • Sent out service hours form, lots of responses
  • Staff meeting attendance!
    • Mass email to everyone who wasn’t there? Or just the full staff

 

Cormac:

  • Need to talk to Patricelli
    • Ben going to connect us with Michaela Kingsley

 

Luke:

  • Going to start making tons more promos
  • Staff meeting time
  • Broadcast fundraiser?
  • Service hours for interns

 

Meg:

  • Thanksgiving Break coverage

Staff Meeting 11/5 Notes

STAFF MEETING 11/5

 

Beth:

  • Attendance at staff meetings
  • Fun updates: training is done! Let interns be on your show, applying for snapchat geotags, first zine: what’s new @ WESU, music directors blog, on campus concert sponsored by WESU, free form fest
  • Edge of fall fundraiser: t-shirt design is coming, phone drive being considered, start thinking about potential fundraising ideas
    • Important event for fall pledge drive: WESU FREE FORM FEAST + FESTIVAL: come! Buy tickets online! Tell your friends! Advertise! Especially on your show! — its our first fundraising event of the like and we want it to be a successful event

Cormac

  • Fixing technical issues w/ website
  • Snapchat geotag in the works
  • Remember to use Spinitron
  • WESU iOS app in nascent stage

Babe

  • Budget has been submitted!
    • If you have any urgent, last minute requests let me know
  • Board notes regularly posted on the website

 

Xandra

  • Been listening to public affairs shows

 

Luke

  • Play fundraiser promos during your shows
  • Start thinking about and making pledge drive promos
  • Pay attention to studio google calendar
  • Volunteering show and time to sit at phones for pledge drive

 

Jake

  • Fundraiser posters– would love for people to take some from the station and hang them up wherever they feel fit
  • Look out for pr about the pledge drive
  • On-campus concert 12/2/17 Earth House

 

Dillon

  • Record fair recap
    • $1498 raised–record amount! Thanks to everyone who made it so smooth and successful
  • Fundraiser coming up – volunteers needed, keep promoting
    • November 18th!
    • Manning the doors/merch table, scanning tickets
    • Email coming out soon with more details
    • Great way to knock out 4 service hour requirement for the season
    • Keep promoting it on air and with promos
    • Tickets online now

 

Will

-training is over! Scheduling practical written tests for early december

– If you’re hosting an intern, please go through the elements of the practical exam with them so that they can properly prepare

– we’re gonna be doing attendance monthly at staff meetings now! Stay alert!

– gonna send out electronic form where you can fill out service hours, thanks jack for bringing that up

 

Jack

-Ensuring people know how to input their service hours — reiteration necessary

-Subbing for shows — send out an email once you receive coverage so that multiple people do not mistakenly show up!

-Mandatory to respond to any coverage email you send with the notice that you have managed to find coverage

 

Helly

-Music Director’s blog is back up and running! Available on the website

-Will be updated every Monday

-Make sure to play 5 new songs per hour of your show

-There is a shelf in Studio A of curated new releases!

 

Ruth

-Service Hours: 4-6 on mondays

-Help always needed listening to new music

 

Meg

Hey staff!

 

Sorry I couldn’t make the meeting! Thanks for covering shows over Fall Break–I will be sending an email about Thanksgiving Break pretty soon. Students should know that it is assumed they will not be on campus over Thanksgiving break, and I will begin finding coverage for them through a staff-wide email. If you are a student who will be on campus over Thanksgiving, send me an email so I don’t give away your slot.

 

It’s never too early to think about spring programming, so I am busy working on a new and improved application and a way to integrate a large number of new DJs into our schedule. As always, I’m open to suggestions for better ways to run the application process and creative ideas about scheduling. What do you find annoying or tedious? Where could communication be better? There’s always room for improvement. Email me @ program@wesufm.org! I’m in the board room from 4-6 on Wednesdays.

 

Ben

-Fundraiser

-Thank you Jim!

-Keep playing/making new promos

-Scripts available if we want to switch up voices/background music

-Working on a sampler CD/bio page for the acts involved

-New glossy posters coming this week (limited amount)

-Pledge Drive

-Letter hopefully going out this week — going to 500-600 people who have donated in the past

-Fundraiser still the focus but as soon as it’s over and we can assess money raised, we will roll into “easygoing” pledge drive until December

-New Transmitter!

-Going to a few different campus sources to find funding