WESU Board Meeting — 5/02/17
- Pink on pink for the board? YES! Give list of sizes to ben M.
- Xandra is going to listen to some Pacifica episodes
- Ben M. reports someone called about why the second hour of 1A isn’t played?
- Rearranging some programming but all seems to be in shape!
- Summer board? Included in email about staff meeting
- Wesleyan classes who have been producing shows: one class is trying to create website w/ audio files — get those files on the WESU soundcloud account — we need to archive more on the soundcloud!
March for Education email:
- They want a WESU representative at their meeting
- Do they want a psa?
- Response: happy to spread the word.
- Pledge drive promos!!! Ya’ll gotta do em
MASH sept. 9th
- Wants us to broadcast live? Not likely -> don’t want to interrupt regular shows
- Would like to host a spot!
- HN: work w/ WESU for sponsorship and promotion — mash is in collaboration with bookstore and thinks that WESU would be a great bridge because it is already involved with Wes and community → how to get students to be on campus but connect the community and campus with music
- Dream would be livestreaming into the bookstore
- WESU physically w/ bodies or tabling or record sales represented
- Broadcasting via instagram in the bookstore
- We can frame ways to promote the event — support of WESU comes from the CFA
- WESU tabling w/ merch, records, banner
- Wants to host a WESU benefit event at his banquet / fully catered and staffed space
- Make sure there is a specific cause
- Talking to alumni, university people
- People need to sign up for practicals!
- Abby will send out the email about 9/11 WUC tomorrow!
Meeting on Sunday:
- Send out a reminder via email!
- Elections — 2 min tops for speeches — Abby will time it
- We will need ballots — Babe will bring them!
- paul !!! the ice cream guy will be there!
Potential for WESU vintage t-shirt shop!!!
- A lot of tshirt design options now
- Opportunities to do custom stuff
- They would maintain website and sales and would just send us checks — 50/50 above cost
- Individual DJs could do shirts! So cool!
- Ben M. will start planning and start up during the summer
- There will need to be a launch — but not step on toes of pledge drive